• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

The ripoff report link on my earlier post never showed how it was resolved, so it looks to be still open but no solution - took a year before he even offered a rebuttal. Just note that the rebuttal was just posted last Thursday. So the date of his post that made it to the site was July 18th of this year, 2018.

I'm not sure how you folks are going to take this, but when someone comes along and offers fresh perspectives and ideas to the forum. There will be those that come along behind and "scrub" a site for ideas and techniques a shop may need to fix radios'.

The beauty of Open Forum is the free expression of ideas - so I 'm all in for the idea of free help.

What makes the "joy" I find here turn dark, is those that stop at nothing to tarnish a site after they have arrived, infiltrated, skimmed - the site for ideas and then "trash" it when they leave.

It's more common than you think.

So should we stop bashing? Well, we need things in place to prevent the tarnishing of the sites reputation to keep those that plant these seeds - take them out quickly so they won't sprout at grow roots. We can't prevent the bashing - because one of the first things they will say is "I have works (types a or b) done by XXXxxxx-xxxx at YYYYY shop"...

So are they here to find help, or just antagonize and incite trouble? They don't appear to have a problem, just want to plant the seeds, and we respond - in like fashion. It's our Re-action to their Action.

Their posts are free advertising - an we hand them a ton of posts.

I want to express my appreciation to others that have taken the time for reading thru my postings helping, trying to help others - and sometimes, we're successful - others aren't - and takes others to run with the ball. It's what I find so amazing about this forum - no bias towards others whom need help.

But that very thing that makes us what we are is also what makes us vulnerable.

So we need ways to screen out the "toxic wastes" that can erode the forums otherwise foundation of a repository of knowledge and experience.

So to stop bashing - is to then let the forum become less shelter for nurturing ideas and open marketing free for all - we've seen that fail miserably before. Many good sites are now "ghosts" of what they once were. People took sites' information and sold it on eBay at our expense.

People leave because they don't want their privacy, ideas, or thoughts - plagiarized and sold for a profit and they never get a penny...

We need some type of mitigation process in place to prevent the toxicity the net' has - from spilling over into the forums.

:+> Andy <+:

Attachments

• Serviceatcoxdotnet.GIF
    Serviceatcoxdotnet.GIF
    107.6 KB · Views: 15
Is it bashing?
Are we being "severely critical"?

I pointed out the serious flaw with measuring SWR.
I guarantee as history has shown us, that this will be seen as "criticism" and "harassment"

I pointed out the flaw, offered the solution. if it's criticism its constructive criticism.

Same thing with the 880 and the bundle of resistors. Offered a solution.

As I see things we have several people in the radio community that are the really big 'sharks in the water' (thanks @Handy Andy for that one)

But is it deserved?
Come on. bundles of resistors in radios?
Being paid to experiment and learn on customers radios?

R&D is a cost of doing business. He should do that on his own radios first and test it.
Your customers should not have the pleasure of paying for your R&D let alone pay for the privilege of being an alpha tester. What kind of nonsense is this?

This is really okay in this day and age?
Am I from a bygone era where you bought a product or service and at least had reasonable, sound engineering behind it and the creator would stand behind it or make it right when things went wrong?

Or are we giving him and others like him a pass because it's a "CB radio"
When we are willing to allow the small things to get a free pass it gets a lot easier to allow the larger ones. Before you know it we are the people in 1984.

i would never send a radio to a guy that cleans the radio with water thats just plain stupid. yes tim i said your stupid now minions go tell tim i said he is stupid. and has no clue about electronics

There is a distinction.
Is the activity stupid or is the person stupid?

We should refrain from calling the person names or applying stereotypes but point out the activity as such and why the activity is the problem.
We won't get anywhere with him or his following if we call him names.

So, I disagree with him being called "Stupid"

Reactions: Riverman
yes sir no offence to you personally
i have just had it with tim snake huh
sorry for the rant

It's okay. I have a thick skin and i don't take things personally.
I get your frustration with it I really do.

The community is small. More people use the internet these days.
New people coming in are going to get a bad taste in their mouth if they are taken for a ride on one of their first purchases.
Then they find something else to do.

I just saw a video of upgraded wires.
WIRES!

Because the microamps of current, if that, flowing in the wire between the mic element and the circuit board demanded a 14 gauge wire or whatever size that was.

That's called bill padding.
There is no basis to offer or recommend this sort of work.

I HIGHLY DOUBT a customer requested a "wiring upgrade" for the mic audio or was even aware that you needed one.

Went back to snake radios on YT and yes - it seems he's cleaning house. Links are gone to some of his more questionable vids...

Something is up.

So in passing, this mess started about the same time last week - at about the time the rebuttal got posted.

Must be he has to clean up his mess.

Good points here.

Wish Ralph Nader could review some of this - we could use some pointers...

Oh no not a CPI CP2000 :(

What's the deal with replacing all of those semiconductors?
Voltage regulators like the MB3756?
They do fail but their failure rates are not going to be much different from any other semiconductor in the radio.
The one case I saw he showed a working radio. Fully functional.
But then it required the audio amp and voltage regulators to all be replaced?

Where do all of these nearly unobtanium parts go?
The trash?

Timmy is always putting videos up then takes them down. He seems to be a very nervous person. About 3 years ago I thought about getting a radio set up by him...until I got his price list. A bunch of replacements for parts that did not need to be done. Thankfully I was able to get more info on him here on this forum. He sure is good at padding the bill I'll give him that.

Noteworthy is the phraseology that he uses to justify this position.

Admittedly I have known about Tim for a long time.
Some of the things are a "to each his own" like flashy lights and decals and things that simply do not matter - customer preference or "quality of life" things.

The items that give the work it's own look or feel.. brand if you will.
And that is what separates his work from that of others.
And that's perfect okay in my book. I encourage it.

But some of these things are negligent at worst and dishonest at best.

What I would ask him to do, publicly, is to learn from it and not do this to his own customers. I don't see any more washing videos so that's a good start.

To me this is a community problem. If we find a rogue doctor in society we make sure that person is not allowed to practice medicine.
There is no regulatory body (that will care) about what he does.

So it Falls back onto the community.
Education is the only way.

I think that's been suggested before from what I have been reading?
He seems to go thru these cycles where he gets negative attention because of what he is doing, claims bullying, removes videos, then after a few weeks goes right back to it.

Reactions: codeman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.