• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scorpion Repair Shop?

All the more reason to buy or obtain broken crap and fix it yourself. I find more satisfaction in making broken crap work right instead of laying out a fat load of cash for a product from the "Assembler of the Week"!

At some point someone will turn me in to the FCC for it as well.

Just my 2 1/4 cents.

73's
David

Fellow Members: Geez guys!!!...Do you gent's really think in today's age that's it is always the Hams that do this? I mean really!
Let's take today's world and look at a different and most certainly the TRUE perspective.
1: A vendor makes the product.
2: Then the vendors creates a Flashy New website, with all neat pictures and details of all his products and services...and lastly where to send your money.
3: Add Social Media...Facebook...Twitter...Instagram... Ebay...to further advertise, market and converse about their products.
4: Then build a UTUBE site...showing the process and go as far as to say John Doe from Hooterville, Ind your product is ready. I will ship at the end of this video...and I am Blah,blah...call me and I'll do the same for you also.

Today's world everyone has a computer(s)...Smartass Phones...Tablets...even today's TV's and vehicles will surf.
Now whom do you suppose has the HIGHEST concentration of computers at their disposal running 24/7 looking around the web...Our U.S. GOV.
Do you think it might be just a little naive to not think one of those agencies is the FCC?
You can be assured they have multiple surfers looking ALL the time for sites of interest in regards to rules violations...
Whether it be Pirate Radio, importers/sellers of non-approved electronic products...etc...
Thus when a vendor lists themselves on multiple platforms to be seen and heard, time and time again.
This way they can maximize exposure and get the almighty dollars flowing.
This way said vendor appears on every search engine known to the web.
Do you really believe that they(FCC) do not take notice?
Would it not be easier for them to have some young geek sitting in a chair making $10-15 dollars an hour to find said information, or would it be more cost effective to send a group of agents to the field to investigate every time you think someone wrote a letter!!
Wake up and smell the coffee guys!
These vendors did their own self in. They told the world whom they are, where to find them, what they were doing and "Come on Down" I'll treat you right!
Damn fellows, they could not have made it any easier for the enforcement people if they tried.
Ponder that scenario for a moment will you not, and then come to whatever conclusion(s) you would think is more believable.
All the Best
Gary

Well I agree and disagree with some of this @BJ radionut

The government only cares about the BS false sense of security that is the national security theater company known as "the department of homeland security"
They are vacuuming up Youtube and other social media, yes.

But they are not looking for "CB radio amplifier" or "Fine Tune" or "Linear" or "Bird Watts" or any other slogan/buzz word combination.

Are Amateur radio operators reporting it? Hell yes they are.
But they are not the only ones. It's a hell of a lot more likely it's the rival "assemblers".

FCC does not care about CB radio until either someone complains, or they interfere with a LICENSED service. AKA someone giving them MONEY.

No, it's not just the Amateur operators. That we agree on.
The key is... complaint. no complaint, no FCC giving a s--t about it.

no you misunderstood me im talking very very old cw only old as salt
have nothing better to do. than sit on eBay waiting for a cber to post a export or amp because it bleeds into ham bands.

ok,

A new Clue <tm>....

Hmm, ok, - How about Dr. Hamm, killed Ms. Rye - with a 102" whip and 8 feet of Coax, at the Mayo Clinic...

More (Deli)cious details to follow...

You also have to realize that many of the new listings are run thru a "Bot" that finds keywords like 10 meter !0m 11M CB power amplifier...

So really you should list it under Automotive as Wheel Chocks and you list this site as the link to see further details so we can set them straight. Else it will always get flagged as "possible illegitimate" even thru the description...

8661B6F5-56E7-486A-A0C9-723DBA7FE29F.png

Wrong!! All you got to do is list it with the LetGo app, it names your listing for you by what it “sees” in your photo. And it is retarded, that’s the weirdest looking chainsaw I’ve ever seen. And I’m buying it too, I got some trees I want to take down and I’m gonna see just how good it does at the job. (If I don’t get ambushed by Ewoks)

ok,

A new Clue <tm>....

Hmm, ok, - How about Dr. Hamm, killed Ms. Rye - with a 102" whip and 8 feet of Coax, at the Mayo Clinic...

More (Deli)cious details to follow...

You also have to realize that many of the new listings are run thru a "Bot" that finds keywords like 10 meter !0m 11M CB power amplifier...

So really you should list it under Automotive as Wheel Chocks and you list this site as the link to see further details so we can set them straight. Else it will always get flagged as "possible illegitimate" even thru the description...

Reactions: Dmans
If anyone wanted to build amplifiers and sell them with a very low likelihood of getting caught, they could do it on the dark web. The problem is, you have to figure out a way to get people to know you can find them on the dark web, and how to get onto the dark web.

The FBI has a hell of a time finding people on the dark web, and they have a huge investigative division with lots of money and man power. The FCC would find it impossible, and so would Joe Good Buddy that wants to kill their competition.

Anyway, if I thought there was any decent money in it, I would do it, because I hate both government and bullies, but I repeat myself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.