• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shack Computer

Rabbid Possum

Jul 26, 2021
Tennessee
Going to be adding a dedicated computer to my shack. Has anyone had any dealings with the mini pc's? Wanting a computer that I can use for logging, and radar software. Want to be able to have a minimum of two monitors. What would you recommend? I've thought about the mini pc due to it's size, and that it is inexpensive.

Going to be adding a dedicated computer to my shack. Has anyone had any dealings with the mini pc's? Wanting a computer that I can use for logging, and radar software. Want to be able to have a minimum of two monitors. What would you recommend? I've thought about the mini pc due to it's size, and that it is inexpensive.
The asus ones are awesome, thats what i use. They can mount onto the back of your monitor, and you can get them with specs that are better than some $1500 pc's at a little less than half the price. For a dedicated sdr, file, and internet computer they are great.

Reactions: Rabbid Possum
Go to eBay and get a 5-8 year old dell, core i5. Can easily be had for $100-150 and they have some that are small form factor. Better yet, get the same thing from an estate sale for $50

Reactions: sp5it
I use an HP Laptop for everything on my shack. I just Upgraded it to Windows 11 yesterday & I have no problems with it & I have been using it for Two Years so far only in my Shack/Man Cave.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.