• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Siltronics LA-550 " keying relay issues"

Check the voltage at the lifted cathode of D6 to ground. Both AC and DC voltages. Then do the same at the anode. What do you see there?
15.55 volts AC on the cathode and the same at the anode, either side shows anything DC related

I am also not sure that cap is good at c13 but I did not remove it when I did the test yet but the ohm meter never went to LO and it didn't climb nice and easy like a goo cap would

I am also not sure that cap is good at c13 but I did not remove it when I did the test yet but the ohm meter never went to LO and it didn't climb nice and easy like a goo cap would
You are not going to be able to test that cap without a LCR meter that tests at the rated voltage. I doubt you have one, so just check for a shorted cap.

I now also have 17 dc volts at the green and blue and white wire at the relay with the low or high power on and the power goes away when switched to bypass like it is supposed to ! However the relay still is not kicking in but I may need to test that zener diode and other stuff on the relay board I bet

I now also have 17 dc volts at the green and blue and white wire at the relay with the low or high power on and the power goes away when switched to bypass like it is supposed to ! However the relay still is not kicking in but I may need to test that zener diode and other stuff on the relay board I bet
Any 1N4000 series diode will work, so the 4004 is fine. Keep going through the circuit, now that you have a working power supply. There is no zener that I can see in the keying circuit. You have D5, a spike suppression diode across the relay coil, another 1N4000 rectifier and a switching diode D7.

Any 1N4000 series diode will work, so the 4004 is fine. Keep going through the circuit, now that you have a working power supply. There is no zener that I can see in the keying circuit. You have D5, a spike suppression diode across the relay coil, another 1N4000 rectifier and a switching diode D7.
I replace the D5 on the keying relay board, now the relay kicks in but it kicks in right away when I switch to low or high power without keying the mic ??? ‍♂️

Isn't there a zener diode right there between the cap and large resistor ? Screenshot_20221030-214754_Gallery.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio