• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Siro 5000 vs Wilson 1000... The results

Drilling is always the best way but in my case its now an option. Im going on a trip and was going to slap the wilson on, either magnet or trunk lip since i have both but this thread is making me think to grab a sirio instead. Saw them on h&y for around $60 so was thinking, what the hell!

let me know how you make out with that mount. especially around the performance difference between that and the sirio magmount.

Nope, the Wilson mag mount will not stand up to the weight of Sirio 5000 series. It will blow or be knocked over very easily.

It will screw onto the Wilson mag mount, but is to much of a beast to hold it at speed.

Your answer was more complete then my answer.

The Siro will thread into a Wilson Mag Mount but ...I am not using the Wilson Mag mount for the very reason stated above. I tried the Wilson Mount but I was concerned with how well the Wilson would hold the Siro so ... I did purchase a Siro Mag Mount with no issues thus far and it seems much more solid.

Your answer was more complete then my answer.

The Siro will thread into a Wilson Mag Mount but ...I am not using the Wilson Mag mount for the very reason stated above. I tried the Wilson Mount but I was concerned with how well the Wilson would hold the Siro so ... I did purchase a Siro Mag Mount with no issues thus far and it seems much more solid.

Do you have a link to that mag mount. I may need to get one.

Do you guys think a wilson trunk lip mount would hold up better with the sirio on it versus the wilson mag mount?

i'm using a wilson trunk mount with my sirio 5000 now and it works great. i have it on the trunk of a lincoln town car. i also used it with a wilson 5000 mag mount on the roof with out any problems at all even at speeds of 80 mph, but it seems to work much better on that car being on the trunk.

I was thinking sirio made a tri-mag for the 5000 series. Im not sure even a 6" magnet would hold up.

Been running my Sirio on Wilson mag mount for a couple of years now. Never been a problem. Maybe a tree bumped it off once or twice; my fault though. The Sirio mount is just an inch bigger than the Wilson.. That must help some. Got a tri mag mount too, but never felt or saw the need to use it for that antenna yet; we don't get strong winds out here in this part of CA.

OK just ordered it from H&Y. $63 + shipping. let's see how it works out. I hope it will tune better than the wilson did, that thing always gave me a hard time tuning.

Anyway I saw there's the P5000 and the Turbo P5000. the Turbo was around $5 less. What's the differences between these two antennas?

Today I switched out my Wilson 1000 with a Siro 5000 (Mag roof mount) and there is no doubt the Siro flat out outperforms the Wilson. It was obvious that I could hear at a greater distance than I could hear with my Wilson. I am sold on Siro. .

You say the Sirio antenna flat out outperforms the Wilson because you think it hears better? Have fun with that heavy antenna and pray that it doesn't come off if you get a magnet mount.
Foreign antennas are not welcome on my vehicles.
BTW a local who read this forum is buying a Sirio 5000 mag mount to see if any of the claims here are truthful, he is running a Wilson 5000 mag mount now. Let you know in a few days.

Been running my Sirio on Wilson mag mount for a couple of years now. Never been a problem. Maybe a tree bumped it off once or twice; my fault though. The Sirio mount is just an inch bigger than the Wilson.. That must help some. Got a tri mag mount too, but never felt or saw the need to use it for that antenna yet; we don't get strong winds out here in this part of CA.

i have been using the sirio mag and haven't any problems with it comming off. i tested it to 80 mph and still held fast.

You say the Sirio antenna flat out outperforms the Wilson because you think it hears better? Have fun with that heavy antenna and pray that it doesn't come off if you get a magnet mount.
BTW a local who read this forum is buying a Sirio 5000 mag mount to see if any of the claims here are truthful, he is running a Wilson 5000 mag mount now. Let you know in a few days.

well let's see....there are lot of people out there that have tried them, many of them long time wilson 5000 and 1000 users. and every one of them that have"actually" put it up and used it are very happy with them. and for them to outright notice a difference there has to be something about them that makes them better..

by the sound of your post you have "0" experence with these antennas.

have you done any comparasin for yourself? i would have to say no.

have a problem with foreign imports?....by this i would have to assume that you also have a problem with just about everything, as just about everything in this country made up mostly of foreign components and or completely foreign. it just a fact of life anymore. get over it. i used to be hung up on the "made in the usa" B.S. too, dosen't do you any good.

as far as antennas go, and most other things..... you go with what works.

Looking forward to your review. :D

Looking forward to your review. :D

yes me too. i can hardly wait:pop:

"You say the Sirio antenna flat out outperforms the Wilson because you think it hears better? Have fun with that heavy antenna and pray that it doesn't come off if you get a magnet mount.
BTW a local who read this forum is buying a Sirio 5000 mag mount to see if any of the claims here are truthful, he is running a Wilson 5000 mag mount now. Let you know in a few days"

we don't "say" because we "think", and or "claim" we know....we "know" from experence. and being that you obviously have none, i take your opinion as just commentary. as far as your local goes, we will have to see what was involved in the "side by side" comparison and judge for ourselves if it was a fair "test".

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.