• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So Hot In West Texas!!!

Ya it’s hot everywhere!! Here in SoCal LA area it was almost 100deg. Yesterday sucked cause it was more humid than other days. The best part is our temps drop 20-30 at night(usually) so that helps big time.

AC is king!! As I get older I hate the heat more and more. I have relatives in Europe and most of the homes there don’t have AC are are built to KEEP heat in. Jeez!!!

average 106 in my area . not bad cause we waited all winter to warm up. just need RAIN. so dry i seen a tree chasin a pack o dogs for water

My wish would be for Arizona in the winter and Maine in the summer. I rode my motorcycle out in Cally when it was 110 degrees but it was dry heat and you could stand it. When it gets 95 here with high humidity it is a bear. I should look at the state of Washington for the summer months.

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb and Eldorado828
Here, in central Poland we have over 86F for a few weeks.
Yesterday was 97F in the shade which is pretty hot for that part of the world.
Usually in the summer we have 80-82F.
AC at home doing it's work.
Mike
She's a running, but we've been lucky, only had to start it less than a week ago. Electric bill goes up every year about this time. Most of the time I let the night coolness do her thing. Use my head as much as I can instead of my Wallet. LOL

Reactions: Rwb
She's a running, but we've been lucky, only had to start it less than a week ago. Electric bill goes up every year about this time. Most of the time I let the night coolness do her thing. Use my head as much as I can instead of my Wallet. LOL
After hot day in the night there is 77-78F so not much help from outside :)

Last edited:
I have been running the AC here on 70 degrees, normally it will cycle on and off. The past week, it will only bring the house down to 73 and running constantly. I am going to put the lawn sprinkler on the condenser unit outside after I mow today. With a high of 95 and about that in humidity too, finding shade is little relief.

I've kept my eye on the forecasts around the country and my heart goes out to a lot of you because I see where you are at. I feel I've been lucky so far but the night air is starting to stay too warm. One trick I use is when the sun goes down I start the attic fan to get rid of the super heated air in the attic and open up the floor vents to draw cool basement air into my living area. And my basement doesn't stink because it is not damp but is under-ground. Of coarse there is a AC in the bedroom and that is not hard to control. Right now it's 92-94 outside and setting at the computer it is 71 with the AC cycling on and off. I keep all doors- windows- and blinds closed and not let it in. But on the west side of the house I do have Brown Grass. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated