• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So.. then.. this site allows discussion of illegal CB stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes . discussion of illegal cb equipment and operation is discussed here ....
however

...........claiming that one antenna can be louder than another will not be tolerated !!!!!!
......claiming that adding a coil or top-hat to a antenna will add 3 db of gain will not be tolerated !!!!!
and ......... claiming a matching network makes noticeable gain doesn't go over well either ......

Reactions: BammBamm
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

If you've ever exceeded the speed limit you've done something infinitely more dangerous than a cb'er running 200 watts.

Unless you are a saint it's a given you've broken the law numerous times in your life. Not to mention that a bunch of people discussing amplifiers isn't breaking the law.

So yes if free speech bothers you probably should forget how to read.

Reactions: GenJohnnyReb
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

If you've ever exceeded the speed limit you've done something infinitely more dangerous than a cb'er running 200 watts.

Unless you are a saint it's a given you've broken the law numerous times in your life. Not to mention that a bunch of people discussing amplifiers isn't breaking the law.

So yes if free speech bothers you probably should forget how to read.

Well said. I've been a ham since the early 1990s. Started as a Novice and upgraded to Extra... back when it meant passing a 20wpm morse code exam. Have absolutely no problem with just about any of the threads that get posted here..

I quit going over to the 'Zed for anything other than the swapshop forums because I got fed up with the BS and all the elitists over there. If you're in to CB Bashing and whining, QRZ is the place to be lol

Ah... a holier-than-thou, Pecksniff, eh? I too have been licensed for over 40 years. Sort of started in CB. Always enjoyed both. Today, I run all manner of "export" radios on both 10M and 11M. Doesn't bother me a bit. I run some big amps too. Doesn't bother me a bit, and it sure doesn't bother the people I talk to. It only bothers some elitists and snobs who have a misplaced sense of superiority. Some elitists are convinced that I'm a terrible ham, who makes a bad impression and taints all hams through my actions. They are simply ignorant of the facts, and would be amazed at just how many hams do precisely what I do. Proof? Just read this website.
Well said. I've been a ham since the early 1990s. Started as a Novice and upgraded to Extra... back when it meant passing a 20wpm morse code exam. Have absolutely no problem with just about any of the threads that get posted here..

I quit going over to the 'Zed for anything other than the swapshop forums because I got fed up with the BS and all the elitists over there. If you're in to CB Bashing and whining, QRZ is the place to be lol
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: GenJohnnyReb
I think someone might have stirred-up the bees nest ? You know with the honey bees they generaly welcome other bees into the hive , if they act like the rest ! Now a new bee in the hive that acts "goofie" you can always find him just outside the hive in the dirt ?? Honey Bee ? C.B.? to B or not to B ? Lifes too short , lets just move on ? Bob "LUCKY 13" on C.B.

pappy.gif
Wow wcsd106 - I can remember riding down the road converting highway signs into morse code!
killingme_01.gif

Also, at my age - I love reading all the stuff (illegal modifications) CB'rs are doing now to their rigs. I learn something new every single day.

I think if you just go to the areas you are comfortable with there is no problem. I've been to the ZED and I find it more harmful reading all the fighting and degrading comments that constantly flood the threads there than I do coming to a place that may have some areas that I'm not a partaker of. I just don't frequent those areas. At the ZED I find that the number 1 rule for a Ham to follow , to be Courteous

and kind is broken far more than anything on this site . I have questioned my joining the ZED far more than I have here for the simple fact that the spirit that tends to be prevalent there seems far more damaging to the radio hobby than the areas here I may not frequent.

I think we are beating a dead horse.I bet 90% of us came from 11 mtrs and some still at least listen to 11 mtrs.I run both,11-160mtrs...mostly on 10 mtrs...I am intersted in the new stuff for all radio hobby,being amps,raido,vfo...transistors,the eet was 1st used in cb radios,and 10mtr radios...maguams 257hp...thats all for now,73s de jw 28420usb,27385lsb,and 3963lsb is where i hang out from 1800z till 0400z see ya there 73s de JW

I'd like to think that forums are like a large room where folks are socializing. As you move about and a discussion interests you, stop and listen, join in if you'd like.

If the conversation is not to your liking look for one that is.

At some point some of the personalities will stand out from the crowd. Make friends, listen on the periphery, or see them for what they are.

The room is big, there is something somewhere that will be to you liking.
If you get bored, leave the room for a while.

(I find these discussions and the responses interesting)

William

I'd like to think that forums are like a large room where folks are socializing. As you move about and a discussion interests you, stop and listen, join in if you'd like.

If the conversation is not to your liking look for one that is.

At some point some of the personalities will stand out from the crowd. Make friends, listen on the periphery, or see them for what they are.

The room is big, there is something somewhere that will be to you liking.
If you get bored, leave the room for a while.

(I find these discussions and the responses interesting)

William

So is this forum a sort of Glory Hole for you Williiam?:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.