• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Solar minimum got you down?

Pretty decent local crowd out here last night..then DX from the Evergreen and British Columbia rolled in. Not bad.

Guess I'll just turn my radio back on, listen to static, and wait.......:(

Where is the Popcorn emoji?:giggle:

10/11/12 meter Spring and Summer Eskip may bring some activity guys.
Band openings will be shorter distance and duration but may see some good openings June/July.
Sunspot #'s will remain down for couple more years, by appearance. Then "may" begin to rebound slowly.
Most predictions calling for "Peak" 2024-2025, but even that remains to be seen. and to what level?
So don't look for any great distance until that point. I don't call anything State to State DX.
The resent HF DX contest I operated, 14 MHz was the work horse with really nothing in the 10/11/12/15 meter area.
Good openings on that band to Europe/Africa and S. Pacific and even some Asia.
However nothing of interest much above.
Hope that changes.
I don't operate 11m for many. many years, but do enjoy 10m.
I however have not even had my antenna hooked up for couple years now due to low activity.
Hope for the best!
All the Best
Gary

http://www.nemarc.org/hfconditions.html

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
solar-cycle-sunspot-number.gif

total-solar-irradiance.jpg

predictions3_strip.jpg

"Solar Cycle 25 peaking around 2022 could be one of the weakest in centuries".
Research by NASA solar physicist David Hathaway. "It's off the bottom of the charts,"

Depends on who's prediction you look at!
All the Best
Gary

Figure2.jpeg

Our ensemble forecast indicates cycle 25 would be similar or slightly stronger than the current cycle and peak around 2024. Sunspot cycle 25 may thus reverse the substantial weakening trend in solar activity which has led to speculation of an imminent Maunder-like grand minimum and cooling global climate.
Bhowmik and Nandi prediction for sunspot cycle 25 compared with the current sunspot cycle 24. The work suggests the coming sunspot cycle will be similar to or slightly stronger than the activity levels that are just ending.
Are they right? Will their model prove to be predictive for solar cycle 25? Time will tell.

Hmmm....."Beginning of the New Little Ice Age Epoch" was around 2015. We actually have ice sheets and glaciers reforming. Read an article about it. Though global warming theorists won't actually look a scientific data because it does not back up their statements and global agenda. With less solar activities (sun spots/ flares), less radiation causes cooling. There was a little ice age before and it had caused severe crop problems......The Irish Potato Famine. Although not all of it was due to reduced solar activities, most of the blight was due to lack of crop rotation. The Irish had put all their eggs into one basket with potato's. They just planted the same crop over again, and after the third time they were starving.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I am NOT a Skip Talker on the CB so I like the low sunspot numbers for just that reason.I hate trying to talk local & you can't hear each other over a bunch of Morons playing music,screaming,or other unneeded & unwanted BS when the band is open.I work plenty of DX outside of North America on 20 meters any day of the week so right now is pretty much the way I like conditions.The signals across the USA are just as strong on 20 meters as ever during the day & the signals from the DX Stations is only down slightly so it works for me.I would like more signals on 6 meters but we can't have everything.Times are good & life is great.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: binrat and walterjn
I am NOT a Skip Talker on the CB so I like the low sunspot numbers for just that reason.I hate trying to talk local & you can't hear each other over a bunch of Morons playing music,screaming,or other unneeded & unwanted BS when the band is open.I work plenty of DX outside of North America on 20 meters any day of the week so right now is pretty much the way I like conditions.The signals across the USA are just as strong on 20 meters as ever during the day & the signals from the DX Stations is only down slightly so it works for me.I would like more signals on 6 meters but we can't have everything.Times are good & life is great.

SIX-SHOOTER
Yeah this will give me the push I need to get my ticket.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.