• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky CB Shack turning into Jerk...

I'd say the majority of cb'ers over the decades past were not into the aspect of what made there radio and amplifiers work . They just paid good money to those that would make them work for them.

Many had no one else to blame other then given radio techs/hacks when things went wrong , even if it was to there own doings. They would either live and learn by there own mistakes or keep blaming somebody else for there own mishaps.

I've been saying that cb radio has been a dying breed for 20 years now (it has and it hasn't) many have kept it alive but I could say that about disco as well . (people still like to dance)

Over the last 15 years or so the Internet (in it's own kind of way) has made cb radio a topic of discussion and has brought a brighter light to a much fading hobby over the years. I often think the Internet is much bigger then the hobby itself but has also helped to keep it alive.

It allows for more sales , Internet techs/hacks , and money in those's pockets that wouldn't normally have it there if it weren't for the Internet.It has also allowed room for the bad mouthing , finger pointing and slander of others. (and you's can take that anyway you like) It is what it is.

I don't know this Sparky dude from shine olla , but have read more good then bad about him over the years , one sometimes must weigh out the pros and cons for his own discisions on where to go or not go.Many do not like Copper but yet they have been in business for over 20 years , (that has got to count for something ah ?)

When I say "many" Is "Many" just those that have been able to express there spew via the mighty Internet ? Guy's like Sparky and Copper will live on reguardless of the spew from others. The Internet has just inabled there to be a new light upon a very old situation.

It reminds me of the radio itself , if I really had something to say weather given parties were sand bagging or not ? I could say it , always figuring I was going to be heard by somebody , one way or the other. My point was noted. The Internet is no different , in many ways , it might be more powerful for one wanting to be heard .

I have no clue on how many watts my PC is putting out or how loud my key board might be ? (I think it's very over modulated to some , but cleanly understood by others) but all in all , it seems to work fairly good enough for me. Peace

The only tech I trust to work on my radios is one who's close enough for me to get my hands around his neck.

unfortuneately due to unforseen shorting of a track:censored: :blushing::blushing: and multiple 8's appearing in view Mack is now no longer able to post due to self strangulation of the only tech he trusts,pmsl.

i love irony.sorry mack,couldn't resist it.:love::love:

unfortuneately due to unforseen shorting of a track:censored: :blushing::blushing: and multiple 8's appearing in view Mack is now no longer able to post due to self strangulation of the only tech he trusts,pmsl.

i love irony.sorry mack,couldn't resist it.:love::love:
Man now thats cruel, but I still luvs ya.:D

You cant blame Sparky for bein an asshole,can you imagine the retards calling him all day with stupid questions?:angry:

Spot on Danny boy,can you imagine how many retards he has to deal with in a year,i don't know the guy personally but i can guarantee most of the people slagging him off can't do 100th the things with radio's that he can.

the constant returning morons with radios that no longer work,but they deny they were inside after the tech aligned them,or that they let the local supermoron into it to do a minor adjustment that f@cked it up completely.

its so easy to blame a tech who's there like a sitting duck to point the finger at,but in doing so your not only cheating yourself but the other people you've slandered him too,who could have benefitted from his experience just to avoid you admitting that you were the ASSHOLE that did it.

Is it any wonder the tech develops an attitude with sh!t like that to contend with on a daily basis???

i also agree with DWB. Just imagine about all the people that call him and say my radio isnt transmitting with any audio, and it something rediculous like the moron forgot to turn up his mic gain. I think I'd shoot myself in the face if i got more than 1 of those a day. (which im sure he does)
73's
-Red

I too go to RR. He has treated me right and also went above and beyond what I asked for and charged no extra. A nice person to deal with.

But your "bought and paid for" opinion is nothing short of utterly worthless since RR pays you to promote them, Bozo.

Sparky's

I ordered a 4 element beam from Sparky's and they called me back saying he was sorry it was out of stock so he sent me a 5 element instead! Cool!!!

I ordered a 2970 used sale item and paypalled. Al called me the next day to say it was sold and sent me a new one.

I ordered a 2970 used sale item and paypalled. Al called me the next day to say it was sold and sent me a new one.

Sounds like there's some nuturoushugorous going on in this thread.

You paid for a used radio that got sold and they sent you a new in it's place? I find that hard to believe and the same goes for 161, a guy can't lose money on sales like that and continue doing business unless his mark up is so high that he can afford to throw a bone or 2 here and there.

something_smells_fishy_tshirt-p2353015633344889253rhb_400.jpg

Actually Mac, I know for a fact that both of these are true. Al does quite often throw freebies into boxes that are just a little extra tick for the customer. I also know that he has in the past gone a bit far and above when the order does not go out exactly as ordered. Sometimes a bit too far one would think, but he does it none the less. He did take care of these guys in the manner described, and has done the like for several other customers as well.

actually mack , thats why those of us who have personally delt with al keep going back to him . he is truly a stand up guy and does at times seem to be a bit too generous . his prices are very competitive with other places , some higher and some lower . he does include a free alignment and basic tune on each radio he sells and doesnt charge extra like many other places do .

was there a favorite tech poll over at CBRT ?
if there was .... who won it ?

I need to jump in at Sparky's defense. A couple years ago, I ordered a 40-amp power supply. Al did not have it in stock. He called me on the phone, explained the situation and offered to send me the next one up which was the Pyramid 52-amp PS at no extra cost. Obvisiouly, I jumped all over that deal. He's a stand-up guy. Yes, he has some faults like slow to respond to email and not participating much on the board, but I'd rather have his time spent on the bench anyway.

I need to jump in at Sparky's defense. A couple years ago, I ordered a 40-amp power supply. Al did not have it in stock. He called me on the phone, explained the situation and offered to send me the next one up which was the Pyramid 52-amp PS at no extra cost. Obvisiouly, I jumped all over that deal. He's a stand-up guy. Yes, he has some faults like slow to respond to email and not participating much on the board, but I'd rather have his time spent on the bench anyway.

How are his tunes on radio's, do they sound good after they get to you. What kind of reports do you guys get on his equipment. It doesn't sound like he is the kind to hack up limiters and AMC's and that sort of thing. I'm liking what I am hearing from what you guys are talking about, he sounds like they kind of shop I'd like to deal with.

73's round the band
~Red~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.