• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky CB Shack turning into Jerk...

How are his tunes on radio's, do they sound good after they get to you. What kind of reports do you guys get on his equipment. It doesn't sound like he is the kind to hack up limiters and AMC's and that sort of thing. I'm liking what I am hearing from what you guys are talking about, he sounds like they kind of shop I'd like to deal with.

73's round the band
~Red~

ive got a 78ltw from him about 2 years ago . its been in my daily driver ever since and i havnt had the first problem with it . i did take out a echo board i didnt like . but that was my fault for taking a chance on something new and cheap . i get unsolicted compliments on it a few times a week . ive got a DP 56 mic on it currently . the 2018 extreme will add echo and of course sound louder . it modulates about 20-21 watts into a roof mounted predator 10K . i also have a palomar 225 2x1446 to help it out if needed . ;)

I've spent around a $1,000 at Sparky's and all of my gear has arrived within two business days of my ordering it. Also, he has the lowest prices bar none of any other shop. Grow up men, stop being girly and soo concerend with how the magical tech's mood is from day to day.

Sparkys

I too in the past have done business at Sparkys he tuned a cobra 25 ltd and set it up for a amp for me. His work is great and he was nothing but nice to me on the phone and he did take the time to answer all my stupid questions. He put a extra us flag face plate on the radio for free so yes he does give freebies to customers

You can't go wrong with any of these places. ( in no order )

1) Custom cb radio
2) Sparkys
3) DTB Radio
4) Bobs cb
5) Rolling Radios
6) 8541 Electronics

I can ABSOLUTELY FREAKING GUARANTEE that Sparky's CB Shack removes limiters in the AMC circuit. Purchase a General Lee from him and pop the warranty seal off of it, there will be a cut trace on the board. Don't believe me? Put your money where your mouth is and attempt to prove me wrong!

I have had a few radios from Sparky's CB Shack and I have personally met with Al at his shop (I live close by). Sparky's radios have a decent everyday "fits all" tune on them. AM radios are overmodulating (ALL CB SHOPS CHURN RADIOS OUT LIKE THIS!) and AM/SSB radios are good but might be slightly off on the SSB tuning. However, find a shop that includes ANY KIND OF SERVICE in their LOW PRICES, you CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I will be buying more from Sparky's when I feel the need. However, if I acquire a radio locally or second hand, it goes to Rolling Radios for a custom tune. The man does exactly as I request and is happy to do it!

Furthermore, just because a "Tech" claims to not remove limiters does not mean them that they are not simply opening the AMC VR all the way up!

People, get a life and argue about something else more important! We all know this stuff goes on. CB Shops get busy, CB Shops cut limiters, CB Shops are in busy to make money, not spoon feed the constant line of idiots that call them.

Finally someone has stepped up to put a stop to the constant slurping sound coming from this thread.

This is not looking too good for Sparky :(

He does decent work but what can you expect from a "FREE" tune?

Yes, he tunes/aligns the radios pretty well but he does not install any kind of NPC-RC mod like most (all) other shops. Sparky pushes the Top Gun mods, gee I wonder why?!?!? Maybe because he gets the profit from selling them and the profit from installing them. Sparky is an alright guy, but he is in business to make MONEY, pure and simple, just like ANY OTHER BUSINESS. Every business (regardless of subject matter) has a trick to making money to stay competitive. Now, everyone knows Sparky's little tricks.

Most (all) shops do to a radio is the NPC-RC mod, I don't care what ANYONE AND THEIR BROTHER says. There is only ONE way to skin a cat when it comes to modding a radio. If it is an export it gets the NPC-RC mod to make it SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING like all stupid "get-r-done" mentality CB operators want. PURE AND SIMPLE, don't like it, get a HAM license and stick your nose in the air. I don't care how many shops claim to have "special super duper secret mods" that they do. They are ALL DOING THE NPC-RC mod. 99.9999999% of "techs" are not smart enough to develop any other technology. Heck, the board of a radio hasn't changed in what, 10-15 years?

There are only 4 ways to get an export radio to SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING:

1. Change resistance of AMC circuit to allow more modulation
2. Cut AMC circuit trace/remove limiter (Sparky's CB Shack method)
3. Install Top Gun Modulator (Fancy packaged NPC-RC mod) (Sparky's other method)
4. Install NPC-RC mod (1N4001 diode w/ 100 ohm resistor on regulator) (Every FREAKING SHOP IN THE COUNTRY'S TRICK!!!!!!!)

People, wake up and start living in reality. There are NO DARN MAGICAL TRICKS!!!!!!!!!

LOL , i thought about that video after 505s post , but figgured id let something slide .
theres just so much ammo/info audio and video (damn im good) against ampower its almost unfair to use it all .

1,b,c (c is a combo of some #1). really, REALLY, wow lol, i knew adam was a short bus'er but that's bad.

its sad my 3 year old knows its abc you nar-nar tard.

oh to the original thread. i buy my radios wholesale and tune myself. may not be the loudest but i'm clear. id rather not repeat myself. *lol wait i have to stick my nose up in the air now*

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.