• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky CB Shack turning into Jerk...

So I'm some what new to the repair and mods of cb's . And I have read a lot about sparky.
So when I saw a 50th with the rfx done by sparky on eBay. and that he was giving the money to a food
Shelf . I wanted it. I hate to talk bad about anyone. But the radio went nuts the first time trying it.
The 50th and rfx that I did and it was my first works better. Now I know it could be a number of things
To way its not working right . And I would like to send it back for him to fix but can't get a hold of him. I could fix it but I shouldn't have to. We people get a radio from me that i did that's my name I will fix it .
Now I only work on the radios for the trucking company I work for. And friends and friends of friends.
I do feel that sparky is the best and I would love to be taught by him. I just need this fixed now lol I'm not really mad at him he is sparky and in my book a radio god.

I do feel that sparky is the best and I would love to be taught by him. I just need this fixed now lol I'm not really mad at him he is sparky and in my book a radio god.

44a79cd0b48b5e.gif

b005c802.jpg

I've used RR (William Sanders) twice per recommendation from another member on CB Radio Forum. Pea/tune/aligning a used Philly UNIDEN Grant XL and a brand new Texas Ranger 696FD1. I ran into sideband stability issue (lots of drifting) on both radios after it came back from RR. It turned out that both radio had swing kits in it, sounded okay on AM, but SSB was horrible. A local tech fixed the Grant XL and it works 100% with no drift now (I'm actually getting complements on SSB from locals). Local tech asked me "who had gone into this radio? It was all messed up!" For the Ranger, I traded with a friend and he found out that he needed to remove the swing kit which fixed the issue on that radio. Now, when I wanted RR to peak/tune and align, I requested some extra features on the Grant like a Roger Beep and LED conversion. I really knew nothing about CB radios and trusted William; he charged me $60 for a Workman Roger Beep which you can buy on eBay for $8, and $30 to add the green LED. Oh well, I don't know if you think that's a fair price but knowing what I know now, I would stay clear of RollingRadios.

Now per Sparky's, I've had good experience with the radios that he tuned, two Galaxy DX959's. He's a bit short tempered but that's understandable. And per customer service, I am not expecting Hyatt Concierge treatment, my objective is to have a radio that works, period. So having said that, I don't give diddly about squat how he talks or treats customers over the phone; for the kind of work he does and amount that he charges, I'd go to him on a heartbeat.

Rolling Radio's has many people that swear by him, he also has some people with strong negative things to say. I do know for a fact that he does "outsource" any complicated repair work, alignments, or stuff he just plain can't repair. He then has to mark this work up alittle in price to make his cut.

There was a very modded Galaxy 99 done up with blue lights and nitro knobs and all several years ago. The owner paid a fortune for the work but was very happy. It was sad though to read a forum post about how hard RR worked on that radio for the guy. Does packing the radio up and shipping it off qualify as hard work?

I was told at one time he was sending radio`s to John @panther if is was to involved..... but as far as I know, John is no longer doing radio work.
There was a guy that understood radio.
I have no Idea were he is going now.

Jeff

I think if i need something from now on i will deal with Sparky.I been burned by Copper.Got a new in the box rci2850 it didnt work,sent it to ranger.Then ordered a new rci2980wx and it hums.I payed for a tune up...they should of noticed it.Dont use them much,on my new ft450d mainly,6 and 10 mtrs.73s de JW

bashing

in my opinion if you don't like a shops work.
go to another shop. why sit there and bash a shop. ever think people ask al to remove the limiter. my dealings with sparky have been great. i asked that the limiter stays intact he did just that. so instead of bashing sparky s get a life and a new tech.

thats fine but trashing a shop on a forum is uncalled for.
there is a shop in Arizona that totally messed up my rci 2980 i just brought it to another tech to fix. but im not going to bash his shop.

“But I'm talking about Shaft!”

From: Shaft - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

“They say this cat is a bad mother - . . . ”

“SHUT YO MOUTH!”

“But I'm talking about Shaft!”

“Then I dig it!”

'Getting the shaft' def 3: To 'get The Shaft' from someone. That is; to 'get screwed over'.

(Below)
6 y.o. John Shaft on his first fishing trip

Attachments

• Stolemafish.jpg
    Stolemafish.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.