• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky CB Shack turning into Jerk...

I still challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Buy a General Lee from Sparky and find a cut trace. Don't believe me, put your $$$ where you mouth is. Does Al go out of his way for customers? Yes. Does he give us all good prices? Yes.

My ONLY gripe with Al is the shadiness of cutting a trace on AM export radios instead of simply installing the NPC mod and on 40 channel CB radios, he simply removes the AMC diode. Plain and simple.
Hey Bob ? and your point is ? , many do cap/resistor mods , it don't matter weather the limiter is cut or not , does the same damn thing , I kind of like that cut the trace on the bottom of the board routine :LOL: Auh yes , I would call that making ones self feel better about it , or they were just in a hurry for the money or they just had a whole lot more to do ?

the bottom line for many is this Bob , guys regularly ask or want the limiters cut ! they like the sound because that's what there hearing from so many others .....or , what about a radio dk'ing 2 and swinging 30 ? Same thing dude , it's not a perfect science , it just works. Would you send them and there money out of your shop if they asked you for it ?

I sure just read a whole lot of BS here , it's like cheerleading squads. Harp and spit and nothing but a bunch of bull shit. Oh sure , there's lots of techs that claim they don't do this and they don't do that , well , that's just more BS..........the other thing about limiters , depending on the radio , some may not even pass the 100% mark by far anyway , use your mic gain , doubt a trucker really gives a shit anyway to go along with his echo and his noise canceling mic.

You would think some of these tech's are God's , I got news for you's , there not ! and that even goes for the best of them "that "you" think are the best. You think you spend your hard earned (or whatever) money now , if you were truly going to the best , you would be paying a lot more.

For starters , and everybody should already know this by now , it's totally illegal to tune a cb radio or even attempt to modify a 10 meter radio , so I won't even bother to go into why a limiter shouldn't be clipped or can be clipped , it don't freaking matter anyway ! unless you know what your personally up against if you do so. (You got neighbors Bob ? )

Everybody seems to have fault in everybody else , looked in the mirror lately ? Tech's and shops have been bashing each other since the beginning of time ........it's good for business :eek: and when it comes to cb radios and amplifiers , it's all the same , illegal. When you preform illegal activities , how truely honest or good is the human being in the first place ?

Well , weather it be Sparky or Copper or the Hack Shack ........I'd guess one may do it better then the other , but there all the same in the end. Customer service and work done go together as far as IM concerned , I didn't say the customer is always right either. But I also believe it could help the customer to know what he wants in the first place , so if he don't want his limiters clipped ? maybe it might be a good idea to say so , if need be.

It's no damned wonder why Ham's tend to have the attitudes that they
possess towards cb'ers .......weather they were ones or not ,they should be blaming the tech's ......... Sparky is shady because he clipped a diode ? .........come on Bob , your not serious are you ? :LOL:

Last edited:
I am willing to bet that if you were to tell Sparky not to do anything to the radio but ship it to you,the radio would arrive in factory condition.....

Sparky will do just what you ask of him to do,hell he would pull the board out and put it in a basket if you asked ...for a price of course

There will be folks that like him and folks that dont,that is how it goes.

Bottom line,if you dont like the work he does,dont use him or buy from him,if you do..... well ya get the idea

rci 2950 dx from sparkys cb shack

I bought a brand new rci 2950dx from sparkys cb shack about 2 years ago I got the radio and hooked it up and asked the local people I talk to on am and ssb how it sounded and they told me it sounded like crap.I had to take the radio to my cb technician to have it realigned because it was all out of whack after I had my tech realign it I brought it back home and hooked it up and asked the local people I talk to how it sounded and they told me it sounded good now what did you have done to it I told them I had it realigned by a real cb tech.I will buy antennas and other stuff from sparkys but I will never buy another radio from him thats my opinion.

I've used RR (William Sanders) twice per recommendation from another member on CB Radio Forum. Pea/tune/aligning a used Philly UNIDEN Grant XL and a brand new Texas Ranger 696FD1. I ran into sideband stability issue (lots of drifting) on both radios after it came back from RR. It turned out that both radio had swing kits in it, sounded okay on AM, but SSB was horrible. A local tech fixed the Grant XL and it works 100% with no drift now (I'm actually getting complements on SSB from locals). Local tech asked me "who had gone into this radio? It was all messed up!" For the Ranger, I traded with a friend and he found out that he needed to remove the swing kit which fixed the issue on that radio. Now, when I wanted RR to peak/tune and align, I requested some extra features on the Grant like a Roger Beep and LED conversion. I really knew nothing about CB radios and trusted William; he charged me $60 for a Workman Roger Beep which you can buy on eBay for $8, and $30 to add the green LED. Oh well, I don't know if you think that's a fair price but knowing what I know now, I would stay clear of RollingRadios.

Now per Sparky's, I've had good experience with the radios that he tuned, two Galaxy DX959's. He's a bit short tempered but that's understandable. And per customer service, I am not expecting Hyatt Concierge treatment, my objective is to have a radio that works, period. So having said that, I don't give diddly about squat how he talks or treats customers over the phone; for the kind of work he does and amount that he charges, I'd go to him on a heartbeat.
i have met william sanders several times and he has always been helpfull to me . ive made a few purchases as well and been satisified with what i got . i will say his prices are a lil high but youre compensated with getting the instant gratification of what you want or need to have done AND not having to pay to have the additional shipping if you went the E-tailor route .

he is listed on another site as a bad tech because they say he clips modulator resistors . i asked him about that a while bach and he said he does NOT do that . he is another option i use to get what i want or need done .

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents

I am new to this forum due to lack of computer ability :confused: but have been in the cb world for over 20 years now. I used to buy all my equiptment from real world electronics in Monee illinois and never had a problem with them and they warranty their work for life! :eek: Then I bought a radio from copper electronics and had them do the conversion and peak..NEVER AGAIN! :mad: I just recently bought my newest radio a ranger ss158 from sparky. Had them do the conversion and tune..Not only did they take the time to explain the benefits of radio a over radio b they also answered many questions I had which in turn made me decide to order my antenna,coax and new mic from them also. I am now not only a customer but I will not buy anywhere else! Mr Doug there are many radio shops out there for you to choose from but something tells me after you get ripped off elsewhere you will be back. Thanks for letting me speak my 2 cents.
BammBamm Chi-towns own 173

I have never had any dealings with him, but most of what I have read has actually been good.

Hell anybody can have a bad day, but when you are running a business you are supposed to leave the bad day at home. ;)

The customer is always right should apply as far as I am concerned. This has served me well throughout my varied career.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.