• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Spring Contest 2019 CB Contest Rules

Yesterday afternoon, I took my Shakespeare 176-1 Big Stick and my Cherokee AH-100, hopped on my open fisherman, dropped anchor off a little island down here called Sawyer Key and started talking.

There was plenty of skip activity from Puerto Rico to Canada on LSB 38. I managed to chat with 421 in Puerto Rico; 149 in Charlotte, NC; 174 in South Carolina and a few others. Quite a few others came through the mix but got covered up with all of the traffic. I was surprised to hear Gainesville, FL (Scott, but I didn't catch the numbers), as in-state skip is rare, but understandable at about 500 miles. 45 in Atlanta, GA came through, too. Chicago, Iowa, Kentucky, Northern Alabama, Tennesee...it was all rolling in on LSB 38 between about 3:30 and 5:00 eastern (7:30-9:00 zulu).

As for LSB 16, I tried quite a few times. There was AM traffic, but absolutely nothing on LSB. I'll try again today.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I'm was making contacts mobile & a lot on 38 LSB , unfortunately no WDX response . But 360 in Georgia kept coming back ! Over a dozen contacts in 30 mins , not one WWDX ! Sucks to be me !:LOL: I actually went Static Mobile w/ my Styker SRA -10a & used my Turner SSK for a while , can't drive & hold on to that ! But I'm trying ! ( To make contacts )

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I took my marine mobile rig out there again today, but I moved to an island about 8 miles west of where I was yesterday. Today's contacts on LSB 38 included 222 in Missouri; 953 in New Orleans; 266 in Biloxi; 142 in Coleman, AL and 71 in Roanoke, VA. Not bad for a barefoot walkie talkie putting out 6 watts on SSB.

I tried a couple of times on 16 LSB. There was nothing going on there.

I haven't made this many contacts ( bare foot ) in years ! But none count not one WWDX member . I'm talking to Midwest , Fla , Cananda , NH & Maine . Over 30 contacts in about an hour & that's not counting this am ! Come on WWDX members 38 lsb , WDX1183 is listening !:whistle:

Reactions: RT431
Made it up to Amarillo where a tornado & golfball hail west of here cut my motivation to make Albuquerque tonight to zip.

The weather alert on this Uniden 885 is so loud it will about cause you to bail out the drivers door. “Starship self-destruct sequence initiated”.

Trash talk skip for days now on 19. 306-miles on US-287 from FTW no exception this afternoon.

But the world is the greenest I think I’ve ever seen it.

Ever.

Reactions: 357magnum
Hey Rick330man
Scott is a local here in Keystone heights area, good op and really enjoys the hobby he got started about 2 years ago with an old realistic Navaho 458 I set up for him.

Now he is using icom 7300 and four element yagi.
Great contact maritime mobile

OK folks,
Please ensure your contacts are posted in the proper thread. I will be checking later as I will be out of data range until I hit a summit while doing SOTA later today.

So far Dx is quiet today , as stated in previous post DX was Wild in the NE Corner ! It continued for hours but couldn't but a WWDX Member . Even after posting in chat ! Oh well it was a Fun Day for 357Magnum !(y):)

I took my marine mobile rig out there again today, but I moved to an island about 8 miles west of where I was yesterday. Today's contacts on LSB 38 included 222 in Missouri; 953 in New Orleans; 266 in Biloxi; 142 in Coleman, AL and 71 in Roanoke, VA. Not bad for a barefoot walkie talkie putting out 6 watts on SSB.

I tried a couple of times on 16 LSB. There was nothing going on there.

This has been my experience that the key is to keep trying and have a good antenna.

Asking for clarification, do I need ham ticket to join WDX club? do I need to be in WDX club to participate in CB contest or just a WDX forum member?
703 standing by ....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.