• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STAY SAFE.

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
I hope and pray that all who might be affected by hurricane Dorian stay safe, and make it through unscaved. I'm sure many of your fellow radio enthusiast like myself are praying for you and your families. We pray that no harm comes to you or your loved ones. Do whatever you can in your power to make sure that you make it through this horrible hurricane safely. Good luck and God bless. Joejoe

God brought that, why to pray? You think he's gonna change his divine plan just for you?
Mike

Seriously though everyone on the lower east coast of the United States stay prepared and perhaps pray for (or call them) so that people will be prepared for the incoming storm; not everyone has the wherewithal to get ready.

Stay safe, 73 from the west coast of the sand pile!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonar
God brought that, why to pray? You think he's gonna change his divine plan just for you?
Mike
God didn't create the hurricane.
Hurricanes are like giant engines that use warm, moist air as fuel. That is why they form only over warm ocean waters near the equator. The warm, moist air over the ocean rises upward from near the surface. As the warmed, moist air rises and cools off, the water in the air forms clouds. These clouds develop into hurricanes.
I'd accuse you of existentialism. And there's nothing wrong with being an existentialist. But your acknowledgement of God puts that idea to rest. You're obviously not an atheist. An atheists would not acknowledge God, and the idea of a divine plan. My best guess would be that you don't believe in prayer. To each his own my friend.
In the meantime I'll continue to pray. WORD!! PS do prayers work? I couldn't honestly answer that. What I do know to be fact is that they can't hurt. I'd like to touch on one more thing that I found strange. I don't understand and maybe I'm wrong when I say that I sense some hostility either towards me or prayer itself. 73

Last edited:
Regardless , I'm not a devout Christian ( But went to Catholic School ) as many on here on . But I say " Prayer's Your way " all in it's path ! The way I was raised ! There could be worse ways ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo :whistle:

Reactions: S&W357 and Sonar
Did someone say thread lock? Thanks for the reminder. I need to get some more Loctite 2422 thread locker from the storeroom tomorrow.
LMFAO. Another good thing came out of going off topic. Need milk, eggs, or bread CW? My memory over the past few years is failing me. 73 PS. I've seen posts go so far over the top (off-topic wise,) and not get "thread locked". I'm done and was with my initial reply. In sp5it's defence, we all have those types of days.
Maybe this was one of his. God bless you sp5it. No hard feeings my brother. And that's all I have to say about that. 73

Last edited:
Mike
When I pray at the bedside of a ill person I don't pray for the miraculous healing or cure the incurable. I pray that His will be done swiftly and mercifully. What is God's will must be done accordingly.

Besides all of that I have just seen a News Cast about a bunch of people living in a mandatory evacuation zone refusing to leave. It's called free choice.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated