• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STOP BUYING EXPORT CB TYPE SSB TRANSCEIVERS

Robb,
The spur I'm referring to is a small spur that shows up in the 10M band when the radio is put on a spectrum analyzer. It's caused by a poorly designed mixing scheme.

Here's a video on this issue.

I checked this for validity, and he's right on the button with it. I show a small spur on the 10M voice band. The radios I used were a Galaxy 99 and a Galaxy 95T.

Hope this helps.

(Edit) The Superstar 360FM is the same basic board as the Galaxy 77/88/99. No bueno. (n)

~Cheers~

I *KNEW* I shouldn't have bought that Chittee® brand mixer!

Reactions: ExitThirteen
There was a Galaxy 99 with a robot voice.
I've owned and used a few "export" radios. Never paid more than $100 for one. Never hacked them up. Took toys off one and threw them out.
When I got my ticket I followed the principle of limited funds - buy in your budget. I found a nice well maintained IC746 for $450. I will say there is no way on the face of God's green earth I'd ever pay that kind of money for a CB. Not even half that. I had already decided that when I was not a ham.
As CBs go, I do like a grant, and as exports go, an 88 is a favorite. . .

Last edited:
I implore newbies (especially) to consider purchasing and HF the first time out as opposed to an 10 meter export. I know there's a price difference, but it seems like most who purchase exports are usually needing to modify it right out of the box. I'm not just talking about the band mod. $300+ for an export then another $150 for the other modifications and a good mic's gonna set you back $500+. He'll for another $400 your gonna have a transceiver that no exsport could touch performance, and option wise.
Obviously these HF's can be used in the mobile and base.
With a Heil microphone and the Three band parametric EQ that's built into this and others like it (ft 950) how could one go wrong?
A $60 megga watt p/s and $100-$200 studio mic and your your SSB golden.
The ftdx 1200 operates 4 khz wide with a touch of two buttons on the face.
The price this one sold for is about what they've been selling for on eBay.
I did write the seller of this one before the listing ended and it was indeed mars modified.
Ready for 11 meters.
I wanted to throw my hat in but I've got this ft 950 I purchased only because I couldn't pass up the price, but prefer the 1200. I do have someone interested in the ft-950 and as soon as it goes I'm going to keep my eyes out for a 1200. I've heard them on there and they sound terrific. I've seen YouTube videos of there receive and they sound wonderful. 73
http://www.ebay.com/itm/332333262865
Seller is suspended. LoL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.