• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

It looks like it is going the way of the early president radios built by them. The Lincoln II went through the growing pains with a couple versions, some factory fixes and finally the II+ came out as a fixed radio.
I don't understand the one shop replacing the board and sending the radio to Stryker unless they won't share the software and alignment procedures with the repair shop?
That seems strange.

Jeff

It looks like it is going the way of the early president radios built by them. The Lincoln II went through the growing pains with a couple versions, some factory fixes and finally the II+ came out as a fixed radio.
I don't understand the one shop replacing the board and sending the radio to Stryker unless they won't share the software and alignment procedures with the repair shop?
That seems strange.

Jeff
From what I was told from the Stryker repair center in Florida, was that all V2 radios are sent back to Shawn at Stryker in NC for replacement because they have no serviceable internal parts...I guess they do entire boards, though. They didn't say anything about flashing firmware or anything, but then again, I didn't ask.

From what I was told from the Stryker repair center in Florida, was that all V2 radios are sent back to Shawn at Stryker in NC for replacement because they have no serviceable internal parts...I guess they do entire boards, though. They didn't say anything about flashing firmware or anything, but then again, I didn't ask.
I don't get it. Stryker in NC, service center in Florida, can't fix anything so they ship it all the way to NC before the replacement is shipped. So, this is a service shop that can't repair Surface Mount components?

I don't get it. Stryker in NC, service center in Florida, can't fix anything so they ship it all the way to NC before the replacement is shipped. So, this is a service shop that can't repair Surface Mount components?
I'll never understand that. I reckon it's all fine and dandy if you have anything except a V2. They should notify someone and tell them.."Hey, it's a V2." Then they could skip the trip to Florida all together and a get another radio in your hands sooner.

I'll never understand that. I reckon it's all fine and dandy if you have anything except a V2. They should notify someone and tell them.."Hey, it's a V2." Then they could skip the trip to Florida all together and a get another radio in your hands sooner.

Shawn knew mine was a V2 when I sent it because we were discussing the issue for two months before he told me to send it in. If they're going to use a service center that far away, or one that can't repair SM components, the replacement radios should be shipped immediately. MY recommendation is to find a better/closer shop, or just replace the V2 radios without inspection.

Reactions: Prof. Base
Just talked to the Florida repair shop. He said he does NOT work on the version 2. Because he does not have what he needs yet. So all version 2 go back to stryker. So i dont know where my radio is!!!

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Just talked to the Florida repair shop. He said he does NOT work on the version 2. Because he does not have what he needs yet. So all version 2 go back to stryker. So i dont know where my radio is!!!

This is unreal! I was speaking with Shawn for a month about my issues and he KNEW it was a V2. So, he has me send it to a shop that can't fix them! Stryker is turning into a cluster.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.