• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

I had a chance to check in on a roll call with Southern Indiana Radio Operators last night. Every Sunday at 7pm EST they take check-ins and record the audio. Then he posts it on their FB page. I got a chance to hear my V2 with a Turner +3 mic. (My M-1 isn't back yet). I have to say, WOW!! That V2 is audio monster!! I could stand to drop the gain a little, but just enough to remove a bit of distortion. These radios have monster audio. I'll post the link to the vid. My second transmission is at the 57:28 mark. The little time-remaining timer on the right will show 52.16 ( or so) I'm the 945 from Northern Michigan.

Last edited:
Sounded fine to me 945.

A friend of mine was on a new V2 today. He said he just got it out the box today. It sounded good on the stock microphone. Not as loud as yours though, but a pleasing quieter to the ears sound. No changes on the menu.

Sounded fine to me 945.

A friend of mine was on a new V2 today. He said he just got it out the box today. It sounded good on the stock microphone. Not as loud as yours though, but a pleasing quieter to the ears sound. No changes on the menu.
They do sound nice box stock. The more I use mine the more I like it.

The other day as a cloud of dust from the west rolled into south Texas I heard a voice on channel 19 saying the Version 2 Strykers are a bigger splatterbox out of the box then the original Stryker. Then the voice was saying something about window lickers and Faraday cages, then the voice faded out. Maybe it was just the heat....

The other day as a cloud of dust from the west rolled into south Texas I heard a voice on channel 19 saying the Version 2 Strykers are a bigger splatterbox out of the box then the original Stryker. Then the voice was saying something about window lickers and Faraday cages, then the voice faded out. Maybe it was just the heat....
I believe I've been hearing the same voice on and off lately. Matter of fact that voice was pretty continuous throughout the day today..... Window lickers and all those miserable little guy hack shops doings the swing kits.... only the low class talk on a splatter box...... it went on and on.....

Talking about all the disrespect of folks jamming up the airwaves yet he's the one that didn't shut up all day....

With supposedly so much work to do, how could a guy get anything done if he runs his jaws all day long..

But, like your situation... maybe it's just the tremendous heat wave we've got going on.. or the sleep deprivation is kicking in!

Last edited:
Reactions: NZ8N and codeman
I gotta post an update with the V2. I don't know if it's my imagination, or if these things need to be burned in, but the more I use this radio the better it gets. The ears are extremely good, and people are telling me the modulation is extremely loud, clean, clear and not overmodulated.
Talked to a ham operator on the west coast and he told me my audio was incredible. He was shocked when I told him it was a Stryker. So far, so good, folks! In another week or two I'll post another video of the power output.

I gotta post an update with the V2. I don't know if it's my imagination, or if these things need to be burned in, but the more I use this radio the better it gets. The ears are extremely good, and people are telling me the modulation is extremely loud, clean, clear and not overmodulated.
Talked to a ham operator on the west coast and he told me my audio was incredible. He was shocked when I told him it was a Stryker. So far, so good, folks! In another week or two I'll post another video of the power output.
That's awesome, what mic are you running with it?

Reactions: Greg T

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.