• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STRYKER EXPERT NEEDED

If its coming from the ECM, then there will be some way to block it at the ECM. Not knowing jack about the CAT motor configuration and parts location, I can't even begin to tell you how to do that, but if the ECM is the source, then there IS a way to block it.

DTB Radio said:
Keep in mind that it has to be something electrical/electronic generating the noise as you search for the problem. Here's an idea that I personally have never tried before, but might help in finding the source. Build or buy an RF sniffer probe, and look around for RF in the engine and dash area when revving the motor. If there's some way you can put the truck on a dyno and do this with a load on the engine, even better yet.
Has to be manifold pressure(turbo boost) 20 psi and above in order for the problem to appear.

Someone should forward this to Cat for what it's worth. They are very tired of me :p

DTB Radio said:
If its coming from the ECM, then there will be some way to block it at the ECM. Not knowing jack about the CAT motor configuration and parts location, I can't even begin to tell you how to do that, but if the ECM is the source, then there IS a way to block it.

Hey Dave you have PM....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1