• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker repair

I would recommend sending your radio in and letting them look at it. The only problem with Paul's radio in regards to the receiver was L6 would not adjust correctly. Key's added a 33pf capacitor in series and was able to get L6 adjusted correctly.

Strykerradio said:
I would recommend sending your radio in and letting them look at it. The only problem with Paul's radio in regards to the receiver was L6 would not adjust correctly. Key's added a 33pf capacitor in series and was able to get L6 adjusted correctly.
I would like to know what was done to mine...It's still just as noisy as ever :? This darn radio is just plain noisy even without the antenna connected--DID ANYONE HERE THAT?--seems strange to me. Not usable in my mobile. Which BTW has zero noise with my Grant XL I guess I'll sell it and NO I won't buy another Stryker--Sorry :(

Oh and get this Key CB sent my radio back to me very poorly packed as opposed to how I sent it...they used some makeshift box and when I received it the switch that DTB installed to cut out the lights was broken completely off. And 2 of the screws in the cover were gone. Sure turn around time was excellent. Guess this radio was designed to have the receiver modded by JD... Sorry Stryker NO MORE BUSINESS FROM ME :eek:

Key CB's is a legit place. I think this sleepwalker guy just wants to complain. Comparing it to a Grant LT is not apples to apples.

So you're saying the higher priced export isn't in the same class as a discontinued CB?

And he said XL, though it makes little or no difference.

Lets see a radio that is designed for 40 channels the Grant and a Export radio that is designed for 360 frequencies. The RX in any export radio is going to have much more broad front end. Which will cause it to be noiser than the Grant. We could argue all day long people do not seem to understand how things work or do not want to listen.

NorthStar said:
Lets see a radio that is designed for 40 channels the Grant and a Export radio that is designed for 360 frequencies. The RX in any export radio is going to have much more broad front end. Which will cause it to be noiser than the Grant. We could argue all day long people do not seem to understand how things work or do not want to listen.

Mine is not noisy maybe I got a newer one.

NorthStar said:

Funny how mines on the regular 40 band is just noisy. All the other bands are quiet. I've owned many exports and none are this noisy. I do want to thank Stryker Radio with thier help, at least they tried to help someone out, that's more than I can say for any other manufactuer. Sleepwalker the power mod on mine was fixed but as for the recieve the radio came back noisier. I wouldn't say I won't buy another, I'd just wait until they get a better circuit design on the recieve. The radio can talk it's ass off...It just can't hear worth a shit...

DCowboys said:
NorthStar said:

Funny how mines on the regular 40 band is just noisy. All the other bands are quiet. I've owned many exports and none are this noisy. I do want to thank Stryker Radio with thier help, at least they tried to help someone out, that's more than I can say for any other manufactuer. Sleepwalker the power mod on mine was fixed but as for the recieve the radio came back noisier. I wouldn't say I won't buy another, I'd just wait until they get a better circuit design on the recieve. The radio can talk it's ass off...It just can't hear worth a shit...
Basically it's worthless. It's deaf Keep it Real has the sanme problem with his after sending it in...Say whatever you want this Northstar guy I'm just staying the facts about MY radio which YOU have never heard.

If there's nothing wrong with it Northstar guy do you want to buy it? You more than likely don't own one. And BTW my Grant Xl has 120 channels all of which recevie just fine.

Hell I have a junky ass connex 3300 that has better receive and is way more intelligible :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

WOW I must say im speachless :LOL: :LOL: I was waiting for the SSB stryker but have been seeing problem posts on the AM models or troubles finding techs to repair them. dtb does good work so if theres problems after being serviced there the radio most likely needs replacing from the factory

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.