• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Study guide for license exam in February

donny dobbs

Oct 19, 2018
Well I went and started doing some practice questions. I Answered most but a couple conversion questions I scratched my head on.
Question being what is the best way for me to study? Where is a good study guide? I am leaning toward learning all the questions and answers . Surely that would spark several questions and cause me to crack the books. Is there a monster like that? All 430 questions and answers out there on the net? Thanks all Donny

Hamstudy.org
Don't be afraid to memorize answers, especially the tricky ones. I'm not saying you shouldn't understand it, that would be best. I pretty much forgot all of it as far as answers go, but I know where to find them when I need them.

Donny , believe me I'm doing both routes & it's not easy ! Best way is know the STUFF ! But memorizing will get it done . I just want to pass , but trying it both ways is tough ! I just keep studying . Btw last on-line test was way to easy I missed 2 questions , the next one well .... I needed more studying ! It's the luck of the draw , I guess !:LOL:

Reactions: hillbilly101
Another vote for https://hamstudy.org
I used this for my general and extra. I like the lay out and how it tracks your progress. It does give a brief explanation as to why the answer is the answer but don't be afraid to venture off and do more research as to why an answer is correct.
Understanding the theory behind a concept is much more beneficial then simple memorization....

I went to hamstudy web site and tried the test. DANG I passed it. I took it again and again. Passed with varying results but I did pass it. Guess I should consider actually getting my license now. Oh and I am in the study mode for General. Seems I am doing OK with that too.

Reactions: Riverman
Here, use this. I bought this some time back and I used it personally.

Hope it helps somebody.

Attachments

• 2015nononsensegeneralclasslicensestudyguidev1.pdf
    772.3 KB · Views: 314
If the tests have not changed since I took them any question that gives you a choice of All of the above then that is the correct answer.I know the questions have changed but not sure if all of them with that choice are still correct on Tech & General tests? I used eHam online testing & MFJ Study guides that only have the correct answers which many people HATE but they work.I used Code Quick & passed the CW with Straight Copy & have not used CW since the test. LOL

SIX-SHOOTER

I went to hamstudy web site and tried the test. DANG I passed it. I took it again and again. Passed with varying results but I did pass it. Guess I should consider actually getting my license now. Oh and I am in the study mode for General. Seems I am doing OK with that too.

To me the General Test was much easier. I Aced it & missed three on the Tech test.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: 338_MtRushmore

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated