• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super Star 3000 From Japan N.O.S.

What Should I Do With It?

• Put it on a shelf and keep it unused.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Plug it in and see what it does.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Replace the capacitors before powering up.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Donate it to Good Will.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shadetree Mechanic

Delaware Base Station 808
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)
Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357

The packaging has a real nice picture and it would appear that it was aimed at the American market. From the information that I can find, there is no 11m conversion necessary because it does the American CB band plus two more sets of 40 channels right out of the box. I wonder how many of these were brought to the US?

IMG_20190528_135110825.jpg

IMG_20190528_135127704.jpg

Reactions: S&W357
The transmit audio uses two audio amps in a push / pull configuration and makes this only one of a hand full of radios to use this method. My Sonar FS-2340 uses this configuration with a pair of 12AX7 tubes and has tons of headroom for clean audio. I hope the Super Star has headroom like this.

Thanks to Hand Andy for the diagram that I took from one of his posts.

IkeepgoingbacktoHerePArt2.png

:whistle:
Plug that beotch up and see what happens. Worse case a cap blows and I doubt it will happen, if it does recap it.

Hook that bad boy to an antenna and start yelling, don’t stop til somebody answers you.
I am hoping that LC can tell me which one the modulation limiter is so I can give it a proper adjustment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
Keep on and I’ll end up and buy one too, like I need it. I just started cleaning out my horde pile of radios...

Thanks LC. Thanks Shadetree. Thanks a lot, now I’m gonna be on that noodle thing that Tallman keeps talking about.

Well since you are making room for it, you might as well click the button. And besides, noodles are yummy....

Reactions: NightThumper
No they are not. It’ll land me in the doghouse but my “doghouse” is pretty fly for a white guy. I guess I should, I’ll only have to hear the mouth as long as it takes me to grab my pillow to get to the shop.

Haha, funny story - the couch in my shop is also a sleeper sofa. I bought it from this dude, was selling it super cheap, never slept on. So I send my oldest son and his buddy to pick it up. They come back and tell me about this dudes house, had weed growing in every room. So my couch had a unique smell to it, you can imagine. So I sprayed it down with copious amounts of Frebreeze but it didn’t really change anything.

So it got called the munchie couch, cause you’d sit in it and get the munchies. For awhile, I slept really good on that thing when I’d take naps in the shop, haha. Need to send it back for a reload I think.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated