• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Surgery tommorow.

Good luck, Garth. Makes many other surgeries seem almost trivial. Careful during recovery, and no tower climbing for at least ... well, ask the doc.
I recently had cataracts removed from both eyes. Just the thought of someone diddling inside my eyeball was scary. Now I'm waiting for the DIY version!

Make sure you get the knee with the zerk fitting. Make the 12 month maintenance much easier!!!

Zerk Fitting - OMG - LOL!

Hmm...

He then can use the regular "Clear" stuff...
upload_2020-9-11_8-35-58.png

Or maybe upgrade to the "Red ' N Tacky" stuff...
upload_2020-9-11_8-38-10.png

At least you can get it in larger Quantities...
(I hear its' got Cinnamon - in it...)
(Keeps your Joints warm - Cures Diabetes - fixes all kinds of stiff stuff)​

Reactions: Slowmover

Hmm...

View attachment 40198

I use the high speed aircraft bearing grease.. a little overkill but I never have problems!! LOL

Reactions: Handy Andy
Well tomorrow is the big day I have been waiting for. I pretty much destroyed my right knee just over four years ago, had a scope done on it a little over two years ago which basically did nothing for me except remove what was left of a completely blown out meniscus that was causing my knee to lock up now and then. Tomorrow I have to be at Valley Regional by 6am. Surgery is scheduled for 8am and the surgeon has booked 2.5 hours for it. I should be out of recovery shortly after noon if all goes well. Am I happy to FINALLY get this done? Damn right I am. Am I anxious about what is involved? Again, DAMN straight I am. I have always been the curious type and if I don't know I will ask or look it up. Part of me wishes I was not so curious sometimes and this is definitely one of those times. I have seen too many videos of what is involved and that's is all well and good as long as it is someone else. LOL In case anyone is curious here is a link to just what is involved in knee replacement surgery. WARNING: It is REAL and it IS graphic. Just a little something to think about as I head off to bed shortly for what is likely a restless night sleep. That is it for me tonight. The next time I post on the forum I should have some new parts. Hopefully they are not made in China. Good night.

Best of luck and a speedy recovery.
Cheers!

Hmm...

View attachment 40198

I tried the "red n tacky" but it separates and starts to leak out of my grease gun after hanging on the wall a few months. Mystic brand doesn't.

Reactions: Handy Andy
Best of Luck & Speedy Recovery Capt ! But when I hear Knee Surgery , it brings back Bad memories . That's how a lost my Dad over 5 years ago . The Surgery went fine , he was 80 years old & Stubborn . They wanted to put him in Re-Hab for his PT . We all agreed , he did not ! :whistle: He said " You kids are not putting me in a Damn Nursing Home " ! Realize his mind was fine just " Thick Headed " , he came home that night , needed to use the bath room , didn't use the walker they supplied him with , Fell , hit his Head on the door jam & got a Blood Clot on his brain . A few surgery's to try & fix that he ended up in that " Damn Nursing Home " , lasted a few weeks , refused to eat & passed away . As modernized as this surgery is now , just do what that tell you after it . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Well tomorrow is the big day I have been waiting for. I pretty much destroyed my right knee just over four years ago, had a scope done on it a little over two years ago which basically did nothing for me except remove what was left of a completely blown out meniscus that was causing my knee to lock up now and then. Tomorrow I have to be at Valley Regional by 6am. Surgery is scheduled for 8am and the surgeon has booked 2.5 hours for it. I should be out of recovery shortly after noon if all goes well. Am I happy to FINALLY get this done? Damn right I am. Am I anxious about what is involved? Again, DAMN straight I am. I have always been the curious type and if I don't know I will ask or look it up. Part of me wishes I was not so curious sometimes and this is definitely one of those times. I have seen too many videos of what is involved and that's is all well and good as long as it is someone else. LOL In case anyone is curious here is a link to just what is involved in knee replacement surgery. WARNING: It is REAL and it IS graphic. Just a little something to think about as I head off to bed shortly for what is likely a restless night sleep. That is it for me tonight. The next time I post on the forum I should have some new parts. Hopefully they are not made in China. Good night.

Prayers are with you old man! Don't get caught pinching the nurse's bottoms!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Well surgery went well. I had it done Thursday and spent the night in hospital. Came home at noon yesterday. Gettinf along fairly well with the walker shuffling around the house. I use a cane on the stairs. Been up and down them at least half a dozen times since then. Incredible amount of swelling that is causing me to have a great deal of pain when trying to exercise it. That may have to wait a couple days until some of it goes down. Everything is painful from the knee up my thigh. Couldn't understand why so far up the leg then thought about how hard the surgeon was bending my leg to expose the joint. I was numb from the waist down but wide awake wkth enough other drugs to relieve any anxiety. On several occasions I swear he was trying to shove my heel up my butt hole. I was actually being pushed up on the OR table. Got 43 staples in it. Also had the surgeon grind down a nasty bone spur on the kneecap. Now the long rocky road to recovery starts. Thanks for the words of kindness.
20200911_064905.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.