• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Surgery tommorow.

looks good. the second and 3rd day after are the worse for pain in my case.
Make sure you can do the PT when they say and even though it may hurt do what they want but don't do any harm to the joint.

Best way I found to come down stairs was on my behind. :)

Yeah I think the PT is going to have to wait another day or two. As much as I want to do it the swelling is so bad it feels as if is going to rupture on it's own. Already have some bleeding through the bandages in a few places. Been doing the foot and ankle pumps and trying to flex the knee but my wife is advising I take it a bit easier for the next day or two. She is a registered nurse so I believe her. She just retired the end of August and technically is on vacation until the end of October when her license expires. At least I have good home care. As for the stairs, I'm doing quite well on them. The PT guy at the hospital was impressed and said I was one of the best he has had for only being 24 hrs. post surgery. My father has had both of his knees done and he used to go up and down the basement stairs on his butt to tend the wood furnace. We have a Cape Cod style home so stairs are an every day thing for me. Just like the turtle and the hare, slow and steady wins the race.

Sounds like your wife has you in good hands. Now you just need a wireless microphone so you can talk on the radio from your recliner. Haha!

I know a few guys that I work with that had their knees done. After the recovery they are back in action walking around on the concrete floor all day with their lives back to normal. You will get there for sure in due time.

Best of luck.

Well surgery went well. I had it done Thursday and spent the night in hospital. Came home at noon yesterday. Gettinf along fairly well with the walker shuffling around the house. I use a cane on the stairs. Been up and down them at least half a dozen times since then. Incredible amount of swelling that is causing me to have a great deal of pain when trying to exercise it. That may have to wait a couple days until some of it goes down. Everything is painful from the knee up my thigh. Couldn't understand why so far up the leg then thought about how hard the surgeon was bending my leg to expose the joint. I was numb from the waist down but wide awake wkth enough other drugs to relieve any anxiety. On several occasions I swear he was trying to shove my heel up my butt hole. I was actually being pushed up on the OR table. Got 43 staples in it. Also had the surgeon grind down a nasty bone spur on the kneecap. Now the long rocky road to recovery starts. Thanks for the words of kindness. View attachment 40214
somehow i missed this,but im glad your back.
Cant keep a good man down,wait wasnt that a song?
Glad you got it done.
I got a bad ankle and so far nothing can be done like knees.
Before long you be out runnin circles

My wife had that surgery done about 8 years ago. Six weeks after her surgery she really surprised me with a request for a motorcycle ride. I asked her are you sure? She said the Doctor told her it would be okay as long the was no pain involved in mounting and dismounting. I was giddy with the chance to ride the BEAST again!(bike, not woman) We went out and after about 30 minutes she was ready to get to the house. She enjoyed the ride and I enjoyed having my buddy with me again.
We rode when ever weather and time allowed.

Don't push your self too hard. I always over do it.

Last edited:
Capt , Glad your home & doing well , Thanks for that pic I'll never get out of my head ! :whistle::LOL: In my life seen a lot , that stitched wound :censored: , always get's me ! Listen to your main " PT " ( Wife ) I know a lot of nurses Male/Female , the schooling they need to keep their License is amazing & crazy ! Sometimes I think they are more schooled than Dr's . (jmo) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

somehow i missed this,but im glad your back.
Cant keep a good man down,wait wasnt that a song?
Glad you got it done.
I got a bad ankle and so far nothing can be done like knees.
Before long you be out runnin circles

I've had both ankles replaced in the last 4 years. One of the best things ever, even better then when I had a knee done.
Ankle side shot.jpg

They have several types they can use depending on your physiology.

I've had both ankles replaced in the last 4 years. One of the best things ever, even better then when I had a knee done.
View attachment 40256
They have several types they can use depending on your physiology.
2 diffrent specilists said mine was an unreplaceable joint due to flat feet n some other thing.my left ankle was broke 4 years ago feb 1 st ,soon be 5 years

I broke both of mine back in 1975. Finally got to the point where they were both hurting all the time (2017).
Dr said we could do the replacement and if by chance that didn't work they would fuse them. Either way would take out the pain. I'm glad the "wally world" joints are working great so far. If they get fused it just makes walking with a limp permanent. :)

I broke both of mine back in 1975. Finally got to the point where they were both hurting all the time (2017).
Dr said we could do the replacement and if by chance that didn't work they would fuse them. Either way would take out the pain. I'm glad the "wally world" joints are working great so far. If they get fused it just makes walking with a limp permanent. :)
i limp from my broken ankle,worse bit bad dr milking my insurance,changed drs and he helped me lots but never be right due to no arches

Had my ACL replaced last year and although it was a tough recovery I'm back to surfing and playing volleyball again (not competitively anymore but who knows what the future holds). I was bowling 4 months after surgery with a brace so don't hold back on the PT and activity once you feel ready. I also only took one of the pills they gave me early on and then used edibles 50/50 with CBD. I really felt they helped the recovery and pain management and a crapload of ICE.

How’s the pain management gone?

Appetite and sleep schedule I found tough.
My surgery different, but recovery was “highlighted” by dealing with pain in recovery.

Was thinking that at a month gone, you’ve an idea now of how you’re to deal with winter challenges coming up.

Well, I missed this somehow. Hope all is well CK...sorry I missed it earlier.

Does this mean now you’re faster than before, like The Six Million Dollar Man?

Forgot all about this thread. Just had my followup appointment with the surgeon and physiotherapist today. Both were quite happy with my progress. This Thursday will be seven weeks post surgery and I can bend my knee 118 degrees. I was told most patients can only manage about 90 degrees at this point. Everything looks good and I just need to build up the muscle strength in that knee again. First time in four years I can walk without a limp and ZERO pain while walking. The only pain I have now is from the swelling and while trying to bend the knee back too far. Apparently about 20% will have swelling and pain up to a year or more. Full and total recovery may take as long as a year. Going back to work on modified duties and short days starting December 9. Been out for several walks, some as long as two miles. Prior to surgery I could hardly walk a few hundred feet without incredible pain. The difference is INCREDIBLE! Now I just need to remember to take it a bit easier as I have been doing a bit too much I think. Swelling is getting a bit worse as well as the pain. Too many long walks and taking stairs like normal. Need to cool it a bit for a while.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated