• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Surgery tommorow.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
Well tomorrow is the big day I have been waiting for. I pretty much destroyed my right knee just over four years ago, had a scope done on it a little over two years ago which basically did nothing for me except remove what was left of a completely blown out meniscus that was causing my knee to lock up now and then. Tomorrow I have to be at Valley Regional by 6am. Surgery is scheduled for 8am and the surgeon has booked 2.5 hours for it. I should be out of recovery shortly after noon if all goes well. Am I happy to FINALLY get this done? Damn right I am. Am I anxious about what is involved? Again, DAMN straight I am. I have always been the curious type and if I don't know I will ask or look it up. Part of me wishes I was not so curious sometimes and this is definitely one of those times. I have seen too many videos of what is involved and that's is all well and good as long as it is someone else. LOL In case anyone is curious here is a link to just what is involved in knee replacement surgery. WARNING: It is REAL and it IS graphic. Just a little something to think about as I head off to bed shortly for what is likely a restless night sleep. That is it for me tonight. The next time I post on the forum I should have some new parts. Hopefully they are not made in China. Good night.

Went thru something serious about 15-17 years ago. You’re right about viewing surgery being unsettling as we all of us emotionally associate what we see with watching terrific injury. Feels like the opposite of what we’re hoping.

Descriptions on a page are bad enough. I found that hanging onto a concept involved was revealing enough. Why an improved surgical technique had been adapted was abstraction sufficient to stay a step or three away from visceral reactions. Vocabulary over Visualization.

Then there is the blessing of Silence. There are those worries over an ailments subsidiaries which seem to appear nowhere in medical literature. As they aren’t real (whew!)

Thus,

Here’s a glass raised to those many worries — nameless, free-floating; of unknown mass — being whittled down to the manageable few.

In same wise: that your physicians (inadvertently) forget your name and history in short order. There was nothing of interest to recall.

Reactions: Handy Andy
Best of luck on your Miniscus surgery. By now the surgery is well underway. My very best friend Ted had it done on Tuesday. He's doing great. Matter of fact it's about time for his meds. I better go check on him.

Ted is awesome. Mostly Golden Retriever, but we think there's some Rottweiler in there. He tore up his right rear knee trying to keep up with his cousins LooLoo and Elspeth.

Reactions: Handy Andy
Be sure to check and read the Warranty.

There will be a "Break-in Period" you may need to follow explicitly.

Adhere to ALL maintenance schedules!

Make sure to consider also their offer for Extended Warranty Service to your Knee - before you are on your Knees again due to unforeseen issues due to a poor repair...

And last of all, Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery.

:)

Reactions: Tokin and Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.