• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

T.V interferance to neighbors

The city just shut down a friend of mine last year ! he was warned over and over again , even his neighbors in the beginning were willing to work with him and they just got tired of being sick and tired . The police with the city halls help along with a few complaints from local neighbors in the hood , SHUT HIM DOWN ! FCC didn't have a damned thing to do with any of this. His antenna came down by order of the city or major fines were to be put in place within 30 days of citation given.

This is getting slightly off topic, but....

...It's highly unlikely that the FCC would step in and do anything to help protect the CB operator, even if he was running a 100% legal station. That's becaue they have basically turned over all enforcement of CB stations over to local authorities (cities, police, etc.). Unfortunately that means that local CB stations also may have little recourse if the local agency over steps it's authority or just plain "gets it wrong".

Keep in mind that this does not apply to other services that only the FCC has jurisdiction for enforcement over (business, amateur, etc.)

At any rate, good luck with trying to solve this problem. It really is best to work with your neighbors. As others have suggested, I'd start with filtering on his side if he'll let you, then work back toward your station.

If you want it bad enough ? and you want to keep the peace around you ? You will do whatever you can to make things right for all's concerns , or you will truly regrete it in the end. IM not 25 years old no more , and I would truly rather get along with my neighbors weather there assholes or not. I got to live where I live. I need all the peace I can get.

TVI

Well guys,This problem has been somewhat solved.I switched my antenna to the other side of the house and it at least got rid of the problem with the tv.I still get into his computer speakers though.So since I dont get into my own,I had an idea of trying mine over there in place of his and guess what???No bleed over.Im currently running my new Galaxy 2517 with a Skywalker 1x2 and no problems.Went over to my neighbor on my antenna side to make sure all was well with her and went through and checked everything.Every tv and her computer.No problems at all.Plus I added a 15 foot section to my push up.So its probably around 55 to the base of my maco v-5000.Thanx for the help !!!I agree with Switch,no doubt about it!!Im a good neighbor as are mine to me and have a great relationship with both sides.Now Im curious just how much power I can run before I start to interfere with them again.I'll find out on my next box,mark the spot on the variable and not exceed it.!!!!

Two things...

1) Make certain that there is a SHORT ground lead (copper tubing or flat copper braided strap is best) directly from the LOW PASS FILTER ground lug, to an 8 or 10 foot station grounding rod. If you did not efficiently GROUND the low pass filter, it is basically useless. You need to FORCE the harmonics directly to GROUND.

2) Computer speakers are an EASY fix. Use the proper mix torroidal beads. Run the speaker wire as many turns through the torroid, as possible. Done.

73's

Somtimes turning your mod down abit helps. I was getting into my neighbors speakers and the clamshell ferrite beads worked great!

when i use to have a base cb... my neighbor said he could hear me through
his tv and threaten to cut my coaxl cable this was when i was in my teen years

:?: What are some ideas to solve my interference to my neighbors tv?His problem is lines on the tv during transmit only,no audio is comming through.What can I do in order to prevent this problem?I have great neighbors and want for everyone to be happy.Thanx in advance.Oh, BTW,it does it with the amp on or off :!:
RCI 2980
Palamar 300 1x3 tube
rg 213 cable
maco v-5000 antenna
Check your grounds. Radio ground / amp ground / power supply ground / and most of all the antenna ground. Try a high pass tvi filter.

:?: What are some ideas to solve my interference to my neighbors tv?His problem is lines on the tv during transmit only,no audio is comming through.What can I do in order to prevent this problem?I have great neighbors and want for everyone to be happy.Thanx in advance.Oh, BTW,it does it with the amp on or off :!:
RCI 2980
Palamar 300 1x3 tube
rg 213 cable
maco v-5000 antenna
Check for a bad jumper. Replace your coax with low loss like LMR 400 / or Belden 9913. The coax quality is just as important as the antenna. More power out the tip of the antenna equals less problems with stray rf and tvi. Add more ground rods. Do not use the ground for the electrical services. My opinion. Take a it or leave it

Honestly I wonder if this is even still a problem in this day and age? Years ago local TV moved off from the VHF bands into UHF and as such they aren't harmonically near anymore. Like next harmonic above CB was near Channel 2. Well now they are all moved away from that frequency band.

DO YOU actually hear of CBs interfering with TV anymore?

Reactions: S&W357
Honestly I wonder if this is even still a problem in this day and age? Years ago local TV moved off from the VHF bands into UHF and as such they aren't harmonically near anymore. Like next harmonic above CB was near Channel 2. Well now they are all moved away from that frequency band.

DO YOU actually hear of CBs interfering with TV anymore?

Definitely YES. Most people now have a home media centre with lots of wires running around connecting everything together. This combined with very poor manufacturers shielding against RF can very easily result in a strong RF signal tearing up at least the audio part of a home entertainment centre and if strong enough the RF can block the video. A strong signal does NOT have to be harmonically related to cause interference.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.