• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star DX 350 CB Amplifier

Meter look upside down. Fan is on bottom of amp. Looks like he flipped the front face, leaving the buttons upside down. And now making the meter readable with the fan installed.

The amp should do about 200-250 watts pep max. It probably can do more, but at the expense of over driving the amp for watts that will never be heard at the received station. JMO. Keep the drive low. Use a single final radio like a cobra 29 or a uniden 880 or 980. Set DK to about 50-60 watts out of amp. This may take anywhere from .25-2 watts of power and pep of about 8-10 watts on AM and 12 watts pep on SSB. Like I said, I'm sure you could make the amp show 350 watts or more on a meter. But you will not gain shizz by doing this. Again. JMHO. Good day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.