• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thanks Jay in the Mojave

some people just don't understand...but for those that do...realize...it's an I-10K world....when the antenna is the most important part of the system.....it just may be worth it for an extra couple bucks over a section of wire twisted around a piece of plastic and fiberglass...its a good antenna for the purpose...cheap, good talker...good rx....but it is just a basic antenna with limited features and upgrades...
but hey..run whatcha got....I have no problems making the trip on either one...

OOoops... I guess I forgot to mention the I-10K'S (2 TO BE EXACT) phased together in the back yard for directional skip to Canada...

Darn... I forgot that part.

I have the plans, would you like to see them? Exceptional Gain and directivity...

But us Imax users wouldn't know all about that I guess.

One thing you'll learn about me... I like to have fun on here.. And If I have a question I'll ask it.. If I know it I'll play with it a little bit. :LOL:

Don't take the above to heart:

Too count I have 12 Total Antenna's and use them all at great extent... Low Heights/Medium/High... I have checked the radiation patterns... Wavelength height versus wavelength built etc etc etc...

I am not a radio tech, I havn't even used linears long... But I have bought more rolls of wire, and more pieces of Coax and aluminum to build antenna's than I care to remember.

Go IMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, I'm running the imax right now as my main ant...so thats not a biggie....my 1st base ant and I love it...but the application for the 10K just wont cut it for the imax and vice versa....cant exactly snake a 10k up the tree, and well...the imax wouldnt be happy in the 10Ks spot....

Nope... That's why I got mine spreadout... And I have tried both at 150' also... The Imax does work better, atleast for me.

I've been wanting to get 2 more and try phasing them together.. But I havn't gotten that far yet. When I do I am going to do a post on the both, With pics of the antennas and the actual radiation patterns they produce.

Should be quite a post when I get donewith it! :LOL:

I started this post to Thank Jay for his awesome
service, now its turned into a antenna war zone....LOL
I don't talk dx as much as you guys. When i do i
usually use the Beam. And point it away from my neighbors... LOL...
My wife has M.S. and we use the radio for communication.
She clueless on how to turn the beam. So, a good
antenna with less RFI will help out. My neighbors are
driving me crazy, Imax 2000 throws them off line of
there computer when i key up, not to mention going
over there phones, scanner,speakers and probably burns
there toast....LOL...
The simple fact is these types of antennas just don't
work out for me. If they did i would use them...LOL
When i get the I-10k up i'll give you a truthful opinion
of it. I don't pay attention to the hype of any antenna.
I use it and form my own opinion. I can test different
antennas up to about 38 ft now, 48 ft after tower
gets totally installed. So, i know what antennas work
in my area and which ones don't. If we all agreed on
the same thing in life, be alittle boring.
We are having fun aren't we...LOL

How much grounding work did you do? I've run a Kilowatt and had it not interfere with my tv's or computer...

Ground is key... And the more the better... I've got 4 Ground rods... 8' deep... with short runs of #8 Alum. Grnd wire... And a Grnd wire running that I pinched the full length of the Mount/Mast to Ground as well...

Not to mention that when the Tower base was put in... The legs were extended, mounted into the ground, lots of chicken wire, and concrete over top.

Radios are grounded... Needless to say I have one helluva ground plane system going!

Just wondering...

I think this setup requires pics....
have a hard time thinking somebodys gonna invest in putting an imax at 150ft and all that trouble for grounds...all for a >100 antenna

The only piece of equipment i run is a RCI 2995dx
stock base. I have a (short) heavy copper ground wire
from my radio to 3 8ft groundrods right outside the
window.
I use 3 8ft groundrods also for my antenna ground.
When i get finished installing tower, i will ground
tower ect.
The Top One at 31 ft to bottom of hoop does not
cause any interference to my neighbors. But, its
my uncles and i don't care for the cheaper construction.
No offense to anyone...LOL...
As i said before, it hears alittle better than my Imax
2000 did at 38 ft to feedpoint. S-units are close, but,
less noise on Top One brings the weaker stations in
better here in my location.
I have a old Maco V 5/8 from years ago, its mangled
alittle, but, i installed it with no interference problems
to neighbors. It was about 36ft from ground to feedpoint.
It was alittle less quiet than Imax, but, not as quiet as
Top One. Maco got tore up in high winds when i had
it up in the 80's. I had a GPK on my Imax 2000 for a
short time about 8 months ago.It didn't seem to help
my RFI problems, so, i sold it.... Thats my story...LOL

Oh I will tommorow... HA HA HA.... Oh I am sorry the lowly Imax 2000 isn't worthy of a good ground system....

Sure wish I would have consulted someone first.... Darn Imax's... Ooops wait... I just worked Puerto Rico...

On 200 watts?? Nope wait... Let me check my coax switch...

Darn... Hate to dissapoint Brew... It was on my Imax...

Darn it... WHO PUT THAT THERE????

Oh yeah... The Shooting star is up there too... I suppose I shouldn't have put the time/effort/money into it either.

Hello Road Warrior:

Thank you very kindly for the good words and flowers.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Jay in the Mojave

http://www.a1antennas.com

RoadWarrior said:
Thank You for your great service!
I have never had anyone call me by phone
to let me know that they recieved my money
order and that you have shipped out the I-10k.
And if i had any questions...
Great Service! Thanks

Hey Jay... I have 2 of your Antenna's ... They work great. Just because I didn't put them up there like certain people think I should ...

Well anyway... Great product.. kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Lol... Itty Bitty one! ;) Actually, I'm on the highest hill within' 10 miles of here... Were 12 Miles south of I-80 ... So we get alot of radio action around here...

I have 12 Antenna's going right now... Everything from 2 Meter to 160 Meter...

The 160 Meter is a full 1/2 Wave Dipole... So yes do have alot of property to lay things out on.

I'll kick some pics your way in the next day or so... I'm getting my new linear tommorow... A new KLV 1000... Missed the fed-ex guy today... :(

Took a few days off... So I'll give my new toy a good going over tommorow... Going to play a little in the shack... Looks like that linear should give me about 1400 Watts +/- on SSB! :p

Anyway man have a good night... Enjoy that new Antenna when you get it... You'll like it... As much as I like my Imax 2000! :LOL: (Just kiddin')

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.