• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thanks Jay in the Mojave

i typed a long drawn out post about the i10k then decided not to post it, but to summarise, the i10k is the best built and best performing 5/8 antenna i ever used, not by a huge margin like some would have you believe but there is an edge and the ability to achieve a perfect match over a wide frequency range is something else, the imax is the best fiberglass antenna i ever used but they way too weak for english weather no matter what anybody says, if you dissagree then you simply dont get antenna destroying weather like we do here, the i10k beats the imax where i live and that is a fact not some cb bullshit mythology, i could see a situation where the imax may win out over the 10k like in real hilly areas maybe, imho all that really matters is that we are all happy with what we have up in the air.

mine is centered around 27.525mhz, the 1.5:1 vswr points are 26.985 and 28.055 measured at the radio with 150w carrier, i will check it again and fine tune when i lift it back up as its low right now and will be coupling with its surroundings more than is ideal.

I set my Swr's at 10 ft off ground. Then i raised it
up to about 18 1/2 ft and they lowered a bit more.
Putting it on a tower, the final height will be around
47-48 ft to feedpoint.
Haven't tested it to much on the transmit side, but,
recieve is awesome.
At 18 1/2 ft it is outperforming my Top One by 1/2
of a S-unit. The Top One is 31 ft to bottom hoop.
Recieve is the same as my Imax 2000 was at 38ft
to feedpoint. But, i can hear much better because
of a lower noise floor. So, to say i'm happy is a
under-statement...LOL

All my RFI and TVI problems i had with the
Imax does not exist with the I-10k.
I can now run 70 watts DK swinging 150 watts
on am with the I-10k with no problems.

Hey Roger,

Yeah, i know how good it works...LOL...
The imax 2000 i got off my friend, i sold to
another friend who really likes it. He had a A-99.
I also gave him what was left of the broken Imax
i had for parts.
We installed a 24 ft tower for him yesterday.
Put the Imax 10ft above his tower.
He's struting around like a peacock...LOL

Master Chief said:
Who are you trying to convince? Its one thing if you bought the antenna (I10K) and actually compared it to your iMAX. But since you haven't, shut up about how great your antenna is.

Don't even go there!! :x .... I have not 1 but 2, count them TWO I-10K.....

I have them phased together and work skip to the North.... Don't you tell me what to compare and not to compare... BEEN there... DONE that...

Tell me to shut up... Don't even go there. Who do you think you are...

High Miler said:
Don't even go there!! :x .... I have not 1 but 2, count them TWO I-10K.....

I have them phased together and work skip to the North.... Don't you tell me what to compare and not to compare... BEEN there... DONE that...

Tell me to shut up... Don't even go there. Who do you think you are...

Then you already know the truth and I stand corrected! Congrats..... btw, shut up! ;)

Relax, I'm only messing with you! You must have missed the wink.

We would sure like to hear how you phased your two I-10Ks.

Pretty Basic really.... Spaced 1 Wavelength apart... 2 runs of Coax running to the house to a jumper box... The modified jumper box lets me switch Between #1, #2, and Both Antenna's at the same time. (SWR is reasonable not exceeding 1.5:1... It was a **** to achieve it though)

They are mounted on 1 1/4" Pipe driven into the ground 15' with a backhoe.... 10' of pipe extended above ground.... (Some Welding was done obviously to achieve this-Total length of Pipe is 25') ...

Obviously they both have one helluva GroundPlane... They aren't up near the height of my Imax 2000 .... But I throw one helluva a signal to the North .... I shoot alot of Skip into Canada and the NorthEast above New York....

Signals to the South are Par.... I can hit them better with my Imax 2000 ...

But the Maco Shooting Star kicks all their tails by a land slide...(Sometimes to the North my Co-Phased I-10's equal the Maco believe it or not)

Imax 2000 for all around local work/Skip to the South and West
Phased I-10K's to the North/North East By far....
Maco Shooting Star for rattling the Windows out of their Panes!!

'Of course I have Dipoles, Inverted V's, Slopers and even a 1/2 Wave 160 Meter Dipole up about 45' in the air if you wanna talk antenna's....
:p

I do play alot with Antenna's .... And some day want to Co-Phase a couple Imax's together for fun...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated