• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thanks Jay in the Mojave

Finally got the I-10k on the tower a few days ago.
Even running higher power of wattage i'm not
having any trouble with TVI,RFI to my neighbors.
What a god-send!
Talks great locally and DX. I'm very happy with it!
Also with its better construction of materials than
most other antennas, the price i paid for it was
well worth it to me!

High Miler said:
Not to mention that when the Tower base was put in... The legs were extended, mounted into the ground, lots of chicken wire, and concrete over top.

Are you saying that your anchor bolts are touching the ground? This is a big no no, if lightning strikes your tower the current will flow to ground through the anchor bolts heating the concrete so hot and fast the concrete will blow apart and your tower will fall down and possibly cause serious damage to your house or any other buildings on your property. You really should have read some instructions on how to install a tower before you did this. Now just hope and pray your tower never gets struck by lightning.

first off imax antennas are junk.They dont handle wind that well they break apart.I tried to key 2k into one and swing 6k pep on a bird and i blew one up and the match sucks.I own a 25k and i live right on the water which is salt water.It get pretty windy here and i havent had a problem yet.Its been up for over 4 years.The base of the antenna is 70 ft up off the ground a real 70 ft i measured it.I have put over a 20k carrier into it yes i own a 1-25k.I get 1 watt reflect per thousand out.Its a great antenna i beat locals when talking skip even some with beams.My location im sure helps me out quite a bit.You get what you pay for this is definately the best performing omni i have ever owned if the imax were better i would put one up.

If your going to spend money on a nice amp and radio you better buy a good antenna.The antenna is the most important part of the setup.

I cant beleive people are comparing these two antennas obviously the people with the imax antennas are to cheap and have not tried a interceptor.

scott from ct whats up jay

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.