• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thanks Jay in the Mojave

Hi,

Yeah i'm alittle familiar with the KLV 1000
amps. Most people i've run into that
have them are running 2 1/2 - 3 watts
into it. Gets alittle fuzzy running anymore
into it. But, there all built different, (just like
antennas....LOL) yours may react different..
Anyhow, good luck with your new toy....

Thanks man.... Should be here by Noon today... I'm gonna run a 2 Watt DeadKey and a 10-12 Watt swing into it.. Should be fairly decent without popping a tube off the bat...

I know the guys around here are interested in seeing how it's gonna sound... The Tubes are alot better on the audio, too bad I didn't have an old Tube CB !!! :p

Sure wish I had some more tube gear here in the shack... Man I miss those days.. Had alot of Ham gear at one time that was of the old Tube Variety... Cut my teeth on Hallicrafters and it went from there...

Well the KLV started out to be a big flop... I spent from 11:00 am until 5:30Pm trying to figure out why I couldn't get more than 300 watts out of the damn thing...

Here come to find out, I finally tore it apart and the driver tube was busted on top... So I swapped around a couple tubes hoping I could get some kind of output out of it...

Presto... 600 Watts... I can't wait to get the other tube in... The linear sounds super clean and like A tube one should... The pre-amp is trick and works very well...

I am very happy with it NOW other than the busted tube.. I don't know if they will make it right by me, but I guess if I have too I will buy the darn thing.

Other than that... Were going to play tonight!

No doubt... I ordered 1 tube to replace the bad one... And a whole 'nother set of tubes so when it comes time to re-tube I can do it... With the way things have been with Tubes dissapearing, I'm just preparing for the inevitable...

Too bad the Tube days are gone... Alot of fun to be had with the old radios that's for sure...

Had a ball with my new linear once I got it figured out... Brought back the old days with the cracklin' and smell of Tubes!

Yup... Started posting everywhere... Out with the Imax... In with the Maco!!! 'Till they get sold too someone!!!

Slant eye Charlie has his hand in the cookie jar again!

boy I'm in on this kind of late.

High Miller, I said the same exact things as you are saying about Jay's 5/8 wave...I admit I am still skeptical.

but I talked to 3 different guys at boring length and detail about Jay's antenna and I couldn't get them to say a bad word about them. 2 of the 3 guys were very knowledgable about antennas.

my opinion, i'm not dropping the $$ down for one any time soon but the guys that have them love them.

I talked to Audio Shockwave 2 years ago when he was running one and I asked him if he was on a beam. Now there are a lot of different variables that go along with groundplane antennas but all I can say is that he was putting a very good signal on me.

i'm still not convinced they are worth the money but they seem to be good antennas.

I got my I-10k together today, set it for 27.505.
1.0.1 SWRS....Whooooo Weeeeeee
This thing smokes! Worth every penny i paid for
it as far as i'm concerned!
Now this is an antenna.... JIM

I worked Missouri,W. VA.,Florida,Georgia,Carolina's,Louisiana,Mississippi,Texas,Puerto Rico,Washington&Montana ...

All Today...

All with my Imax Fiberglass Oversized Fishing Pole....

Tell me it ain't so.... WHO put dat there!!?? :p

I'm going to the better buisness bureau.... Damn thing was supposed to let me talk to my neighbors... This ain't right!!

LMAO!! My fiberglass Poll Vault stick stays at the 150' mark...

Hello DX,DX,DX.... I know you can HEAR me now!!!! LOL!

:p

Carl said:
if you are going to spend the money on an i10k get a beam, it will out talk the i10k and out recieve in every way.

Nope, just ONE way. If you want the best OMNI ever made, then the I10K is it. If you want a beam, then get one, but don't try to compare the two as they are two different antennas!

High Miler said:
All with my Imax Fiberglass Oversized Fishing Pole....

Tell me it ain't so.... WHO put dat there!!?? :p

I'm going to the better buisness bureau.... Damn thing was supposed to let me talk to my neighbors... This ain't right!!

LMAO!! My fiberglass Poll Vault stick stays at the 150' mark...

Hello DX,DX,DX.... I know you can HEAR me now!!!! LOL!

:p

Who are you trying to convince? Its one thing if you bought the antenna (I10K) and actually compared it to your iMAX. But since you haven't, shut up about how great your antenna is. The iMAX is a fine antenna; nobody is debating that. What people are saying (a LOT of people) is that the I10K is BETTER. Its hard to argue that fact especially when these people have PERSONALLY tested the antenna against their previous install.

The I10K is not for everyone just as a Mercedes Benz is not for everyone. For those who demand only the very best, they will step up and never look back!

There was a local here in Southern CA. He heard all the hype about the I10K from me and other OWNERS in the area. We all said the same thing..."It works better than any other antenna we have ever ran." He didn't believe me. I sold him mine for a screaming deal and he put it up. You should hear him now! He LOVES the I10K! Want to know what else he said? He said, "It works better than ANY other antenna I've ever ran!" He also said that at $250.00, it is worth EVERY penny! He then apologizes for ripping me off.

I got another new I10K. I did a couple of minor mods to it and put it up. The locals could tell I did something different. I admitted to putting up the new I10K. Those who KNOW, were not surprised!

I have a second antenna that is currently being rebuilt (still waiting for parts from Jay). It was dropped 3 times by unqualified CB antenna installers (the previous owners). Once I have all my parts, I'll invite everyone in Southern CA to test this antenna against theirs. I have a 40' crank-up tower on a trailer and we can set it up at their house with their radio! We can use an A/B switch to compare the two side by side. I also have RG-213, RG-8X and LMR-400 to even the playing field.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.