• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The ARF 2001 CB AM/SSB BASE STATION

Money !! there are so many folks in this country that have a lot of it !! 2000.00 is like 20.00 to you and me . It really isn't a big deal to "them" when it comes to costs ,they just pay for it ,without blinking twice. Imagine that .

Re: That's only the Buy it Now Price

Unit 194 said:
Toll_Free said:
Checkerboard said:
The ARF 2001 is one cool radio. Does anyone else here have one for sale? I see that it's an auction, so maybe it will sell for less. 73s, Checkerboard

Having owned a couple:

The ARF 2001 can be had for approximately 350 dollars a piece from Reno, Nv. You can buy a pair of them and pay 500 dollars.

I bought mine, new, IN THE BOX, for 350, with the manual. One of the original engineers from ARF purchased a pawn shop, and had >200 radios, SILL IN THE BOX.

--Toll_Free

The "rare" ARF 2001 CB radio "new in the box" for only $350.00 ????

Sounds "too good to be true".

It's been quite some time, but it is across the street from the bus terminal. Not the greyhound, but the city bus terminal. North side of the terminal, on the south side of the street.. Facing north. I'll try to figure out the name or street.

I was in town last year, he still had one in the window.

--Toll_Free

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Re: That's only the Buy it Now Price

Having owned a couple:

The ARF 2001 can be had for approximately 350 dollars a piece from Reno, Nv. You can buy a pair of them and pay 500 dollars.

I bought mine, new, IN THE BOX, for 350, with the manual. One of the original engineers from ARF purchased a pawn shop, and had >200 radios, SILL IN THE BOX.

--Toll_Free

Might you know if any of those are left ? "LOL"

73's Retro

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
The -only- reason an ARF2001 might fetch a higher price than any other transceiver of its day is due to the fact that ~1000 of them were built.

Their design was slightly different than some other manufacturer's hardware but the net effect was a rig whose AM performance was less than stellar.

Smart money spent, for those who want a CB rig that's 'different from the rest':

DAK XI (AM) or X (AM/SSB)

Stoner PRO-40 (SSB) (Also less than 1000 made and a MUCH better rig than the ARF...)

Realistic TRC459 (AM/SSB)

CPI 2000 w/ accessories (AM/SSB)

GE 3-5879(?) 'Superbase' (AM/SSB)

Royce 1-642 (AM/SSB)

Midland 78-999 (AM/SSB)

Browning and Tram stuff excepted, because ANY of it will fetch collector prices. I also excluded the Cobra 2000; there are a gazillion of them out there and as such aren't so much a collector's piece as one of a user's - albeit a good one.

As for me...I would put part of the $1800 towards any one of the CB rigs listed above then use the remainder to buy a nice Kenwood TS-930 or -940...
My understanding about the 2001's performance capabilities both on receive and transmit were that the radio is junk.
And I agree with everything you have stated. Obviously. 73

My understanding about the 2001's performance capabilities both on receive and transmit were that the radio is junk.
And I agree with everything you have stated. Obviously. 73

Yet it is still the best CB ever manufactured in Raton, NM.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated