• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The most valuable commodity in the world?

RADIOOMAN

Jun 1, 2012
Indiana, North East, EN71
This is kind of like a poll, but, rather than list the possible choices, I think it will be more interesting if everyone gets to choose their own answer, rather than having to choose from a list of choices that they might not agree with.

The answer to the question is just one word.

And the question is:

What is the most valuable commodity in the world?

This has two parts to it, so there will be more to come after I get replies from those that want to particpate.

This addition is an afterthought on my part.
Just in case some participants have a wildy differing opinion of what a 'commodity' is.

The following from some place on the internet:

DICTIONARY
commodity
Definition
com·mod·i·ty[ k? módd?tee ]com·mod·i·ties Plural

COMMODITY

1. traded item: an item that is bought and sold, especially an unprocessed material
2. useful thing: something that people value or find useful

Although we can live without natural gas and oil, life would be very different without it .Computers, cell phones , tv's and just about every thing made from plastic would disappear but life would go on. Without water however, life would cease to exist all together.

I think its a mineral called coltan( i think) that microchips are made from. It's produced mainly in the congo and many wars are fought over it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.