• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The most valuable commodity in the world?

I been gone most of the day.
I have kinda skimmed thru the replies and I see there is a lot of agreement amongst the replies and I pretty much agree to some degree with everyones answer.
And I agree with the 'water'; Someday water will be very expensive for some people but for others, water is something that falls from the sky and can be collected and then purified.

Once the answer is revealed I am sure that not everyone is going to agree with it, but remember, this is a two part question, and there is more to come.

Last edited:
Someone told me years ago that food and gas are the two things you would want to be involved with. They are necessities. The way our modern day infrastructure is designed,we depend on each integral part of industry to survive. Touch one and everything else is affected. I remember when Hurricane Hugo came through my area. If you are not prepared ahead of time,you'll be in a world of hurt. That reminds me. There are some biblical prophecies that are beginning to take place leading up to the antichrist. Selah!

please , let's keep the bible/religion out of this so i don't feel the need to share my opinions .......... and start getting nasty replies from the staff here .....

Semantics. Name something on the commodities list that isn't "traded" for dollars.

Commodities are simply products, usually agricultural but not necessarily, that are sold under contract in advance of them being actually available. These contracts are called futures. Most metals are "traded" on the commodities market as well. A farmer may sell his soy bean crop to a buyer for an agreed upon price before it is even harvested. This guarantees both the buyer and seller a known price regardless of what happens to the spot price between the agreement to purchase and the delivery of that product. Water futures are bought and sold all the time. ask the state of California how much water they buy from other states as well as Canada.

Water: The Ultimate Commodity

Water: A Precious Commodity - Forbes

Water is the new gold, a big commodity bet - MarketWatch

They would like to try to make it a commodity if they could. It would be so easy to hold a knife at the throat of everyone if those in power can do to water as they can do with oil.

I know that the State of CA pulls this routine every time there is a lean rain year. But the truth is; we don't use water from reservoirs or lakes.

Reservoirs, streams, rivers, ponds, lakes, and percolation ponds all have one thing in common; they feed the underground water sources. Most of the drinking water that everyone uses every day comes from this source. Water is purified by the filtration as it passes through layers of topsoil, sand, gravel, and rocks to clean and process it before it reaches this 'aquifer'. More surface water from those sources mentioned above will filter down assuring an aquifer is kept fully charged.

Most farmers on the Great Plains depend upon the rains to grow crops. I do in Iowa. However, those farmers along/above the High Plains; the Ogallala Aquifer is tapped into that source for crop irrigation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallala_Aquifer

The underground water aquifer level is so high at the farm in Iowa - that even though there was a drought - we still managed to get 7/8 of a normal crop. This year will also have drought conditions; so the price of corn and soybeans will be at an all-time high with less supply and the same demand. Haven't yet sold the bean crop from last year; as I know that the price will go up beyond previous record levels.

Also worth mentioning, is that they have literally quadrupled the cost of fertilizers derived as a by product of the de-fractionation of oil. For no other reason that they can; so they did. This has and will push up the cost of the American farmer to do business and feed the country. That is just pure profit-taking; so don't even blame the farmer. He works very hard to earn a real living . . .

Last edited:
The answer is embedded in a post I just made previous to this one in another thread.
The answer, as I said before is just one word, and should not be too hard to find, given this clue and the next clue; It is in all caps............ but remember, there is more to come after the answer is guessed, discovered or revealed. ( In case you don't find the clue that I speak of)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.