• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This guy every day! 38 low!!!

I managed texas enough to exchange numbers, but someone kept saying something about his santa fe and just kept on going and going and going.
oh well.

maybe my wording was a bit harsh. the idea i was trying to convey is that channel 38LSb is a free-for-all, and while it can be a fun freq to make some contacts on, it is not a good freq for a serious DXer to try and make rare DX contacts on.

when i hear or read people complaining about the "H&Ders" on 38, i always feel like "well what did you expect; you're on channel 38LSB!"

it will never be any different, and that's because its the most popular SSB freq on the CB band.
anyone looking to broadcast to a wide audience it going to plant themselves right in the middle of it all.

so, to re-word my previous post, "i would never be dumb enough to complain about all the craziness on channel 38, because any frustration would be my own fault for knowingly trying to DX on a channel known to be full of bucketmouths and broadcasters."

you dont try to talk to your buddy across town during the day on channel 6.

you dont call for help on channel 9 in an emergency.

and you dont try to make a rare DX contact with south africa on 38 LSB.

better?
LC[/QUOTE
Well put LC. I have said for a long time that 38 is the ch6 of ssb. Sometimes its fun to fire up the old 2527 or ts5010 and the 4 pill and throw out my numbers on 38..just to add to the mess and see if I can start a small short lived pile up. BUT...if I REALLY want to have fun on 11m. I would much rather be on the Kenwood above 40 where it's WAY more quiet and either having a nice QSO with someone or trying to grab a new division.

really? your glad fotee fo is back?? I heard a guy selling foteee fo foteee fo filters for you radio the other day and found it kind of funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: mb91w126
4444 has sent his last QSO. Just saw on another forum that he passed away. Died in his sleep from a brain aneurysm.

I had no problems with 44 44, sure he repeated himself a lot but I kinda got a kick out of him and his $35 Obama radio. Talked to him several times, I will miss hearing him. That is if the news is true.

Reactions: Road Squawker
Well I am pretty sure it's true. He passed in his sleep from a brain aneurysm. Good dude that made me laugh mant times with his 35 dollar Obama radio 65 miles east of Los Angeles. Man he was a character. But not in a bad way!! Make you laugh and just have fun!! Good dude. R.I.P.
4444 Art.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.