• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is a sign you might be OLD!

More of a question here, I just turned 57 last month. I seem to have more trouble sleeping the older I get. The night before was 3 hrs of sleep tonight was 4 more like 3 1/2 been on my phone awhile
Does anyone else have this problem???

More of a question here, I just turned 57 last month. I seem to have more trouble sleeping the older I get. The night before was 3 hrs of sleep tonight was 4 more like 3 1/2 been on my phone awhile
I started not sleeping well about 30 years ago. Mostly, had trouble with falling asleep and waking early. After spending hours of research time, I began taking 2mg of melatonin every night 1/2 hour before bedtime and not watching TV in bed. It worked, so I kept it up. After about 5 or 6 years I was thinking that I'd try without it. Well, worked perfectly. It seems after a time with melatonin, you actually train your body to sleep at bed time. I haven't used it now in about 24 years or so and I fall asleep immediately and wake up feeling good.

I'm 55, and yesterday after consulting with my family physician about my multiple injuries and new pains, my first thought was -

"I need my wife to go with me next time, because I know that I forgot to mention certain things, and I'm sure that I missed a few things that doc said."

Second thought - "I can't believe that nobody has come up with a monitor/logger/translator to simply record all of the various pains and when/why they occur. This way way the doc simply downloads the codes via my OBD2 port."

Yes, 35+ years of working on bridges, concrete structures and deep foundations has left me feeling less than great. And with my time split between two unions, not enough years in either to draw an unreduced pension.......

Todd

Yup you can tell you're getting old when you start talking about your aches and pains. I've been through a few strokes, open heart surgery and 3 aneuryisms. One brain aneuryism and 2 abdominal. The brain aneuryism they found by mistake (lucky me). One of the 2 abdominal aneuryisms burst and it was off to the hospital for emergency surgery. During that visit I suffered a few mini strokes and lost the sight of one eye and damaged my vocal cord. Luckily I made it through that. I don't have any aches or pains but I do have to know my limitations when doing things. Guess that makes me a member old the old folks club but if stills beats the alternative.... By the way I'm 73..... Dan

I had that problem for almost 8 months+ I totaled my car last year when I fell asleep at the wheel ( thank God no one was hurt) got tested via sleep study and was found to have Severe sleep apnea, now I'm on a CPAP machine and I get between 6-8 hrs of good healthy sleep at night time!

73's

I had that problem for almost 8 months+ I totaled my car last year when I fell asleep at the wheel ( thank God no one was hurt) got tested via sleep study and was found to have Severe sleep apnea, now I'm on a CPAP machine and I get between 6-8 hrs of good healthy sleep at night time!

73's
I have a cpap going on about 6 yrs now. My biggest problem is falling asleep, a lot of times it's because of restless leg syndrome (uggg!) But when I do sleep its about 6 hrs max then the surgically repaired back decides it's had enough and it's time to start standing up. Last hitch I had a trouble falling asleep one night, I had worked 12hrs when I layed down, tossed and turned. Finally feel asleep after 2 o'clock woke at 3:15 am 15 minutes before my alarm. Worked another 12 hrs but had no problems falling asleep the next night. LOL!

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
You guys think you're old . . . think again. I turned 79 last July. Other than some knee pain, I'm still 100%. My doc has me on testosterone and HGH. My wife is 68 and looks 40. We still have a great life together. I don't know how long we can hold on like this, but we will keep on keeping on until my plumbing quits.
All I'm saying is don't let little things bother you. Hang in there. In Colombia. we can get the medicine we need without prescription. It should be like this in the US.
Life isn't over at 50 or 60. Give your body what it needs, and you'll feel younger forever.

You guys think you're old . . . think again. I turned 79 last July. Other than some knee pain, I'm still 100%. My doc has me on testosterone and HGH. My wife is 68 and looks 40. We still have a great life together. I don't know how long we can hold on like this, but we will keep on keeping on until my plumbing quits.
All I'm saying is don't let little things bother you. Hang in there. In Colombia. we can get the medicine we need without prescription. It should be like this in the US.
Life isn't over at 50 or 60. Give your body what it needs, and you'll feel younger foreveer.

I take testosterone, and yes we get screwed over on the price of medications in the US. My shot for Psoriasi is 10k if not for insurance there's no way I could afford that. Ive got a lot of aches and pains but im still going, still working on a drilling rig with guys that are younger than my kids and I can do more push-ups than anyone on my rig. Actually the only one that I may not be able to beat is actually a year or two older than me and he's in really good shape but works the other side. We're both known as the old buff guy's, Lol

I'm glad you understand, Wally. Getting old doesn't mean giving up. It just means that it's time to give your body more attention. If it cannot produce the hormones you need, inject them. I don't look my age, and neither does my wife. We both work hard to keep in shape, When we see other people our age who look like they are at their end, it knows we're doing the right thing

I'm glad you understand, Wally. Getting old doesn't mean giving up. It just means that it's time to give your body more attention. If it cannot produce the hormones you need, inject them. I don't look my age, and neither does my wife. We both work hard to keep in shape, When we see other people our age who look like they are at their end, it knows we're doing the right thing
Yes, I look pretty good for my age,other than being bald and like you're saying when I run into
people I went to school with most of them look a lot older than me. A few months ago I payed a visit to a good friend of mine and her husband. Her husband is a yr older and was always bigger than me growing up now he's kinda old and shriveled up. My friend asked what happened to you? You were always so skinny growing up now you're three times the size of Ronnie. I laughed, and told her thank you but I did admit I take testosterone and try to do some kind of exercise along with my physical job activities. She laughed and said I need to get Ronnie some testosterone. Years ago after looking at how some of my classmates have let themselves go I vowed I would do my best not to let that happen to me. Plus I have decent genetics both of my parents always looked a lot younger than they actually were.

I'll turn 74 in October but people tell me I look like in my 50s. I got off the tobacco & alcohol over 20 years ago and take testosterone plus other supplements but I didn't escape the aches & pains of working hard in bad environments and arthritis. Other than that I'm in my glory when I'm working in my shop just can't take as many hours standing on the concrete that I was forced to ( in the cold ).

I rely on a 12 milligram tablet of melatonin to help me get a decent amount of hours sleep or I might wake up several times in the night. But now at almost 74 I sometimes feel like napping in the day. LOL
I use 10 milligrams of melatonin and it works great along with my CPAP machine!!

I'll turn 74 in October but people tell me I look like in my 50s. I got off the tobacco & alcohol over 20 years ago and take testosterone plus other supplements but I didn't escape the aches & pains of working hard in bad environments and arthritis. Other than that I'm in my glory when I'm working in my shop just can't take as many hours standing on the concrete that I was forced to ( in the cold ).
I hear ya, In my mind I'm a much younger man but when I do the physical things like heavy lifting, my aches and pains remind me I'm not as young as I think. And like most of us some of my aches and pains are self inflected (young & dumb) The guys I work with always tell me, when I'm your age I hope I'm in half the shape as you are now. I always tell them, trust me its not as easy as I make it look. LOL.

Reactions: whiteastro
I hear ya, In my mind I'm a much younger man but when I do the physical things like heavy lifting, my aches and pains remind me I'm not as young as I think. And like most of us some of my aches and pains are self inflected (young & dumb) The guys I work with always tell me, when I'm your age I hope I'm in half the shape as you are now. I always tell them, trust me its not as easy as I make it look. LOL.
Hopefully, when I'm in my 70s I'm in as good of shape as you guy's

Reactions: whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.