• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turkey shoot tomorrow at local V F W hall near me

We thought about Tennessee have friends and family there , friends are ok family not so much .lol I want Costa Rica because I fish my wife doesn't really care for the idea because I want to live on a boat .;):LOL:
How about an RV on the Texas coast? If you need to get away from a hurricane, hitch your boat to the back of the RV and head for high ground.

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Sometimes at Turkey Shoots the winners can have their choice of turkey or ham. :eek:

407748003.jpg

I will tell you that feral hog will taste better than any store bought pork. It was doing what they are as nature intended. No antibiotics or growth hormones which is used to increase yield of finished product. Speeding growth takes away the natural flavor which is developed over time. My son hunts those as a favor to local farmers. They destroy crops like you would not believe. And yes I have eaten the wild piggies, smoked, slow roasted, or made into sausages, YUMMY!

We got ferel hogs here too.i use my 45/70 .i know what an injured sow or boar can do.100# gult pigs are delishious

Tallman , still trying to sell my wife on the MH deal , Yup my Idea was buy a huge Diesel Pusher and sleep in Walmart , Elks or VFW parking lots or a camp ground . Get sick of the neighbors Fire " That Motha' " up and move !:LOL: As far as hogs I never shot one , Bear , Deer Elk , Bob Cat , and a Mountain Goat hunt plus countless small game . I might have to visit my friend S&W357 and have him take me on a hog hunt !:whistle::ROFLMAO: 73 and God Bless , Leo

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
Good luck on the selling RV idea. I bought one back in 2000, I was going live like a gypsy. My wife died in 1997 and I had no connection here to hold me back. I was dating a very nice young lady and I told her of my plan. She said, "No way in hell I am going to let you go." She is my current wife. Good thing too. Gas prices more than doubled and filling up a thirsty RV with 185 gallons of gas was not feasible on my income. I was not looking forward to driving around lonely and had plans to pick up an old girl friend who was having a bad time.
The feral hog Is a damn tasty critter and any way you cook it is good. If you can send me a shoulder, ham or a loin and I'll cook it for you.

Tallman , I know about the fuel , I still have my old 86' 33' Winnie ( seen better days now ) it gets 10mpg if I'm towing a big heavy horse trailer or not .:LOL: Never had a tasted a feral hog . Maybe someday I have a friend in Fla. that shoots them often on a nuisance permit .

S&W , Wow a knife ! You know your son might be a " Tad " Crazy !:ROFLMAO: I'm sure that dog had something to do w/it That dogs no slouch !:whistle: You people know how to live !

Reactions: S&W357
Feral Hog...my youngest son (on left side of photo) killed this one close to midnight with a knife three years ago next week in Daingerfield TX. No firearms involved. Just some Hounds, a Bulldog, and a Cold Steel Bushman Knife I had given him. :eek:

Yikes!

Now that's what I call a bad ass! Those critters are fast as hell. I know I can't outrun one now.
You bet they know how to live! BBQ all around the next day or the next weekend.
Cooked over Mesquite coals I'll bet.

Reactions: 357magnum
Tallman , I know about the fuel , I still have my old 86' 33' Winnie ( seen better days now ) it gets 10mpg if I'm towing a big heavy horse trailer or not .
I bought a 1972 Banner with that big Dodge 413 cuin It was built on the heavy duty 3500 chassis. You are pushing a Barn Door through the wind at highway speeds. The best mpg I ever got with it was 9 mpg.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.