• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner Super Sidekick Recap

Greg T

945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
I bought the kit from Klondike Mike (before I realized the little IC was the problem). The values in there weren't exactly the same, IIRC, but were as close as what's commonly available today will allow.
That's the issue I'm finding now. One cap in there is 50 microfarad at 25 volts and the others are 25 microfarad at 16 volt. But when I look at the schematics some of them are showing a pair of 10 microfarad on those positions and some schematics are showing a pair of twenties. So I ordered a couple of 22s and a 47, all three of them at 35 volts.

Shadetree Mechanic

808 On The North Side of Dover
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)
Tedss has a great selection, I bought some for an amp I was fixing.

Reactions: Greg T

Greg T

Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
Quick question. The caps on my amplifier board in my Turner plus 3 have the positives marked. I noticed just about everything in recent times the negative is marked. Now, the new ones I just received have a zero on them out of the picture attached, is that marking negative or positive?

Attachments

• 20220802_185954.jpg
    20220802_185954.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 10

KneeBiter

May 21, 2014
Quick question. The caps on my amplifier board in my Turner plus 3 have the positives marked. I noticed just about everything in recent times the negative is marked. Now, the new ones I just received have a zero on them out of the picture attached, is that marking negative or positive?
That's a negative

Reactions: Greg T

Greg T

Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
Quick update, I got the caps in and the tone was still muffled with no presence whatsoever. So I swapped out the element with a parts Plus three I had here and now it works, and is crispy, but when I key up it has a roar noise in the background. Chineseium caps or something else? I know one element is dynamic and the other is ceramic, but why the roaring noise?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Of course the 1st day it is nice outside and I go plop the true Rod Of God for 20m on the mobile, All I hear is a couple of yokels talking about bowel movements. What's the 6m calling freq? 50.125?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    The true Rod of God.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    6m calling freq? 50.125? (y) (y) (y) :cool: