• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TVZ getting his ass kicked

I made some good contacts on 10 meters yesterday, but really was surprised at the QRM'ers that were out there. I mean really, just how long does it take you to tune your antenna/amp? For some, it's obviously about 10-15 minutes.
Brett

Ten meters is a blast when it opens. But it is becoming a big mess stateside.

As mentioned QRM, although i hesitate to think it is intentional. ( sure seems like it is at times) is becoming more and more a problem. As the solar cycle progresses and propagation decreases it will of course all go away but that is what is to be dealt with on ten meters with the new tech ops.

Ten meters is very forgiving with many patient and understanding ops.

Wait till those new tech class ticket holders upgrade and get full HF privileges.

Let them get on 40 and 75 meters and try that tune up shit for 10 to 15 minutes and see if some old crusty ham lights a fire under their ass and tells them learn how to operate their equipment and get a damn dummy load. Stop tuning up on the airwaves.

Reactions: Robb and 2RT307
Ten meters is a blast when it opens. But it is becoming a big mess stateside.

As mentioned QRM, although i hesitate to think it is intentional. ( sure seems like it is at times) is becoming more and more a problem. As the solar cycle progresses and propagation decreases it will of course all go away but that is what is to be dealt with on ten meters with the new tech ops.

Ten meters is very forgiving with many patient and understanding ops.

Wait till those new tech class ticket holders upgrade and get full HF privileges.

Let them get on 40 and 75 meters and try that tune up shit for 10 to 15 minutes and see if some old crusty ham lights a fire under their ass and tells them learn how to operate their equipment and get a damn dummy load. Stop tuning up on the airwaves.

Honestly it did sound like intentional QRM'ing. I'm pretty new at tuning my amp and antenna, but it only takes me about 20 seconds for each. I have settings written down for my tuner, so if I go to that band, I can get close before I even key up. Same goes for the amp. And I have a dummy load, too. Funny though, I asked several old timers which dummy load they'd recommend, and they all told me they tune up on the air. Ha!

On topic: I didn't hear Todd today. :)

Brett

I was moving around between after Thanskgiving because I had been QRM by W4UWH for 3 days in a row, 8 hours each day. He even QRM my XYL for 4 hours that Sunday before Thanskgiving. However, he left for FL and it has been peaceful ever since. VE1FZ, the station he was rag chewing with up in Canada told me when Uncle Willy Henry got to Fl, he went to the doctor and found out he had some health issues. So don't know of he is coming back or not. Your right, I did get more QSO by moving around, so he did the last days of the ARRL Centennial a favor. Problem was the record and playback QRM station did follow me around to whatever frequency I used. I believe he is in like CO, AZ, NV, CA ect... No big deal because the propagation takes the QRM out but when the QRM is coming in strong, I can't hear the weak stations. Not QRM to me, so I am not complaining but the QRM sure does QRM stations trying to talk to me. Will I stay on 28.425 in 2015? Absolutely NOT, I really have no reason to stay on that frequency but it just has always worked for me during Spring and Summer Sporadic-E. I make a lot of QSO there and feel I didn't bother anyone, if I was there. That is the main reason I stayed there, I really do not want to bother anyone. If anyone comes there, they either want to QSO with me or just QRM. I do have birdies there on rainy days but notched them out with the Rig filter. I figure that is why I always liked the frequency and others did not. Those are the facts. I am Extra and can go anywhere but back between 2002 and 2005 I jumped around 10 meters a lot, wore out the VFO and on PSK31 from 2006 until 2010 burnt up the antenna tuner on my Rig. The technician seemed to blame it on the power level of the Rig but I am certain the antenna tuner was burnt up on PSK31. Hint, if anyone operates PSK31, don't use the antenna tuner, it will eventually burn it up, even at 35 watts. 10 meters was really open this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I had a blast but in 2015, I am wanting to move back to PSK31, RTTY and even some CW. So, there is going to be days I am not even on SSB in 2015.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Fresh Thread this week on QRZ. Todd 's the Gift That Won't Stop Giving. Still with the Autocaller Abuse and Boorish behavior.

i was thinkin he is the south end of a northbound gelding... a HORSES ASS

Reactions: Wire Weasel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?