• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TVZ still won't play nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Squawker

Jan 19, 2011
well, most of you know about 10-10's actions of July 23 2013, that gave TVZ a slap on the wrist in a effort to change his behavior while representing 10-10
QUOTE:

"MOVED
That the Board, based on numerous and ongoing complaints received from 10-10 members and non-member amateur radio operators, has determined the following:

1.That on July 23, 2013 the Ten-Ten International Board of Directors passed a motion by unanimous vote that removed Todd Burnette ("KC4TVZ"), 10-10 number #60783, from Weekly Net Control operator for the 10-10 Net, removed him as a Member of the 10-10 Awards Committee, and removed him from the current list of 10-10 Volunteers and prohibited KC4TVZ from serving as a 10-10 volunteer in any capacity until he has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Board that he will conduct himself in a manner that is consistent with the mission of 10-10."

END of QUOTE

I made a post on here stating that people WERE closely listening to him and that DVR's were recording his actions on 28.425, and that he needed to stop his LID behavior. I also stated that the people QRMing him from the LA area needed to stop that too.

the following is the new update of his actions since July 23 2013 and his current status.(return to QUOTE):

2. Since publication of the July 23, 2013 Motion, KC4TVZ has repeatedly continued to exhibit rude and unfriendly conduct toward amateur radio operators. Some of these offended operators are 10-10 members, but many are not.
Several amateur radio operators, based solely on the rude and unfriendly on-the-air conduct exhibited toward them by KC4TVZ, have vowed to never join the 10-10 organization.

3. Since publication of the July 23, 2013 Motion, KC4TVZ was heard holding a QSO with a DX station on 28.425 in which he never identified his station with his call sign at any time during the entire conversation which is in violation of FCC rules.

4. Since publication of the July 23, 2013 Motion, audio recordings of KC4TVZ
continue to be posted on YouTube and postings continue on other Internet sites and blogs about the detrimental conduct of KC4TVZ on 10 Meters, while operating and identifying himself as a member of 10-10, that are inconsistent with the purpose of the organization, as stated in Article II of the Bylaws, as follows: Ten-Ten International Net, Inc. is an organization dedicated to assisting, encouraging, and promoting amateur radio activity on the 10 Meter amateur band, using all lawful modes of operation and embracing new technologies. Our aim is to assist in the growth of amateur radio around the world, to mentor new members, and enhance fellowship among radio amateurs.

5. Article III, Section 7 of the Bylaws, states as follows: The Board of Directors may, by a vote of two-thirds of the members of the Board,
revoke a 10-10 membership for conduct detrimental to amateur radio in general or 10-10 in particular. The Board action may also revoke the member's 10-10 number.

6.That KC4TVZ has persistently exhibited conduct inconsistent with the mission of 10-10, and that his conduct has been detrimental to amateur radio in general and the efforts of 10-10 to expand the membership of 10-10, promote the use of 10 Meters, and enhance fellowship among radio amateurs.

And that based upon these determinations, the Board revokes KC4TVZ's 10-10 # 60783, and removes KC4TVZ from membership in Ten-Ten International, effective immediately.

As a result of the revocation of KC4TVZ's membership and 10-10 number, he will be refunded the family membership portion of paid dues through August, 2015, thereby leaving behind an individual paid membership for his spouse, Chandra Burnette, KD4BVG, 10-10 # 64773.

That the Board direct the President of 10-10 to inform KC4TVZ of these actions and that this action be published in the next issue of the 10-10 newsletter and be available on the Ten-Ten International website.

END of QUOTE

oh,.... and for the record:
I have NEVER QRMed him, (although I can understand why someone may be tempted to do so.) and I HAVE had private conversations with certain 10-10 BoD members, elected, and non-elected officers, expressing my opinion and also submitting factual documentation of events.

I had never heard of 10 10 before. Today I was on 10M and I heard someone mentioned it. I still didn't know what it was until I read this thread. I looked it up.

Ten-Ten International Net, or 10-10 for short, is an organization of amateur radio operators dedicated to maintaining high levels of amateur radio communications on the 10-meter amateur band (28.0-29.7 MHz).

Its no wonder people don't bother getting their Ham Licenses. Most of what I read from new Hams and not so old alike is the same thing. A bunch of Haters on the bands. I've heard it. I heard today on 27mhz ssb. I know that's not in the Ham band, but this guy sounded like he really wanted to be a Ham police Nark for the FCC just because this guy was using the wrong terminology while talking on the CB. Does that even make sense? Have you heard how screwed up radio procedures are on 27 Mhz?, and this guy was going to straighten him out? PLEASE! What is up with all these idiots? Yes this was SSB and not Ham radio, but the same thing happens on the Ham bands every minute.

No wonder people who have been into CB for awhile would ever want to be licensed. At least if you get hated on the air while in the CB bands, no one is going to try to fuck your life up over a radio Hobby. All the Ham Nazi's must have been bullied during there childhood, and now that they have there license by God they will try to see if they can make your day as bad as they can. (probably put on there Junior Uncle Charlie suits on too.)

People it's a fucking radio. Why don't you try and educate instead of hate all the folks you run into?

I totally understand proper radio procedure, and radio etiquette. I was taught by people who didn't hate everyone they met who hadn't been into radio for 50 years. I used the radio in the military, and believe me, it was waaay harder than just taking a lame Ham radio exam. Yeah we actually had a real purpose in life. It wasn't a hobby. We just did it. When I was on the air I was writing and sending encrypted, secret, and sensitive information while in the most adverse conditions you could imagine. Shit I wasn't even a radio operator. That was just collateral duty. I was a Machinery technician.

I don't hold it against a Ham operator if he has never had to receive a Sitrep of say 200 words while hanging on for dear life in 25' seas soaked to the gills in the middle of the ocean, on a boat that was designed to be on the rivers and Delta's of Vietnam, and not in the middle of the Atlantic or any other ocean.

This 10 10 crap just shows you how uptight these people are Jeez! man. Get a life.

I love radio. I'm a new Ham operator. I just don't get it.

Don't worry Hammies I've got my flame suit on.

PEACE!

Were they giving you a rough time fog dog?? That ham operators near me are quite the opposite and have been nothing but great people, since talking on ssb I have found that quite a few ham operators use 38lsb. It's where I met all the local operators around my area and logged all of them, heck they even gave me their names, I guess I have yet to experience the nose in the air type yet, although I will say I have seen my share of crap on am lol. I once watched a guy rip another guys antenna off his truck and then knock the guy out over a key down lol. Some people take "HOBBIES" too serious. But anyway back to the subject, I hope I don't run into the problems you have posted about when I get my license. I hope to enjoy making contacts and hopefully some friends in the process as that is really what it is all man. Don't let the 1% of bs get to you fog dog as I am sure there are a lot of good ham operators out there, on this forum as well. 73's to all and god bless.

Some people are obnoxious to get attention. Best thing would be if everyone would ignore him. But too many people can't resist the urge to respond to him.

Were they giving you a rough time fog dog?? That ham operators near me are quite the opposite and have been nothing but great people, since talking on ssb I have found that quite a few ham operators use 38lsb. It's where I met all the local operators around my area and logged all of them, heck they even gave me their names, I guess I have yet to experience the nose in the air type yet, although I will say I have seen my share of crap on am lol. I once watched a guy rip another guys antenna off his truck and then knock the guy out over a key down lol. Some people take "HOBBIES" too serious. But anyway back to the subject, I hope I don't run into the problems you have posted about when I get my license. I hope to enjoy making contacts and hopefully some friends in the process as that is really what it is all man. Don't let the 1% of bs get to you fog dog as I am sure there are a lot of good ham operators out there, on this forum as well. 73's to all and god bless.

Giving me a hard time no, but I have heard it quite a bit. I have heard the radio snobbery directed to many though. I have had operators that I know heard me calling them, and wouldn't answer me for one reason or another. I will say during the last big 10M contest a couple of weeks ago I made a bunch of contacts to Japan, and I will tell you this; Those guys are the most polite operators I have ever talked to.

All the Ham operators I know personally are nice people. Very willing to help if needed, and would be the first ones to admit that there are idiots out there with no life. I look up to these guys, and that's how it should be. I'm just saying that were all here on Mother Earth for a short time, so why not just try to get along with each other. That 10 10 club kinda just proved my point I think. Maybe I'm reading more into it than is necessary.

It really isn't my point to slam Ham operators in general. I like or have enjoyed 90% of those I have talked to on the radio. I just get tired of people taking things to serious, and making everyone miserable. Those people are not promoting our hobby, they are turning away prospective good long time operators. We need good operators to keep Ham radio alive. That's all.

I served for 20+ years in the Military. Part of what I and every other person who has served did was to support the constitution , so that people had the freedom of free speech. I really don't appreciate those who use that freedom to cause hate and discontent just because they can.

73 and Happy Veterans Day.

Don't worry Hammies I've got my flame suit on.

Lol, It is really not that bad.
You will run across bad operators in all radio services, not just Ham, or Cb it is just part of life.
The Owner of this forum, and many ( but not all) of the Administrators are Hams, and ( omg ) most of them have or do still play CB radio.
Or FRS, or MURS, even GMRS as the need arises.
We try very hard to limit the "us versus them" here and that is why we have different radio sections.
A lot of guys get into this hobby through other radio services such as CB and that is fine.

As far as 10-10 is concerned, I do feel they have done the right thing here, they stepped up to the plate after a rogue operator in the ranks was identified and did what was necessary.
We should commend them for that.

10-10 International is a good organization with a very good goal, to keep a very large amount of frequency spectrum active and promote good radio practice.
Ten meters is a very underutilized band, and it is huge, we should feel privileged to have this much room there.
It is an economical band to operate on in comparison to some other bands that we have access to.
The large inventory of inexpensive CB antennas that are easily tuned for ten meters is a big plus, as well as the thousands of CB radios that can easily be converted for use there.
And yes ( omg again) there are a flood of export radios that will work 10 , and 12 meters without shelling out a grand for a all mode rig.

The older Hams here are aware that if frequency spectrum is not used, it can be lost.
We should Thank 10-10 for the efforts, and leave Todd to "hopefully" learn something from the experience.

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
Fogdog do not in any way associate the activities or goals of the 10-10 club with that of KC4TVZ. They are not the same at all. BTW I have no affiliation with the 10-10 club in any way, shape, or form.

Last week I heard Todd using his voice recorder calling CQ 10-10. It was pretty easy to tell he was simply tying up the frequency.I timed his calls. The voice recorder would start 2.75 seconds after it stopped and would repeat at 2.75 second intervals time after time after time; hardly enough time for anyone to respond. In fact I heard several people start to call him when his voice keyer started up over the top of them. Yeah,yeah I know all about propagation but I highly doubt he could not hear them at all. Some were in the same region that the few, and I mean VERY few people that he did respond too. It will be interesting to see if this latest action keeps Todd from tying up the frequency calling CQ 10-10 with his endless voice keyer. there is nothing stopping him from using his wife's callsign to collect numbers.

Reactions: 1 person
^^^^ Thanks guys for the for the Responses. Very well said, and I do value your experience and input. No doubt the kind of people I would hope to meet in any situation.

Ham radio, CB radio, and your day to day life. In all of them, there are jackwagons like this guy that you have to deal with. It doesn't mean every CB'er is that way, every ham op is that way, or everybody you work with is that way. In fact, MOST of them aren't. I'm glad to see the 10-10 club acting on this guy's behavior. As a newly licensed tech, I found myself having no interest in participating in the 10-10 Club, or have anything to do with 28.425. I have now changed my view thanks to the club taking action.

Brett

Reactions: 1 person
I am glad to see the 10-10 club finally took action ....

I had a couple of run ins with TVZ as well and wasnt impressed with him at all ...Maybe he will see the light and straighten up......but I doubt it

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.