• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

twist mode

G GOLLY WAlly

WDX 719 / Waldo on AM
Mar 4, 2018
Sourh Eastern Oklahoma
About ready to twist off, The drilling company I work for in West Virginia sent us to New Milford, Pa, that added 7hrs to my commute to and from work. And once we get to PA they tell us that we're going to a rig that got quarantined to replace the sick crew!! We all refused and now it's up in the air as to what's going to happen to us, I'm sure we all now have a big target on our backs. But we don't feel this job is worth risking the health of ourselves or our families, my wife has COPD and I feel if I brought home The Coronavirus it won't be good. Don't get me wrong I need the job but to what extent? I feel it's an unnecessary risk to take, I already feel I'm taking a big risk just traveling to work as it is. And to think my company's motto is THE RIGHT PEOPLE DOING THE RIGHT THING. I beg to differ :mad:

About ready to twist off, The drilling company I work for in West Virginia sent us to New Milford, Pa, that added 7hrs to my commute to and from work. And once we get to PA they tell us that we're going to a rig that got quarantined to replace the sick crew!! We all refused and now it's up in the air as to what's going to happen to us, I'm sure we all now have a big target on our backs. But we don't feel this job is worth risking the health of ourselves or our families, my wife has COPD and I feel if I brought home The Coronavirus it won't be good. Don't get me wrong I need the job but to what extent? I feel it's an unnecessary risk to take, I already feel I'm taking a big risk just traveling to work as it is. And to think my company's motto is THE RIGHT PEOPLE DOING THE RIGHT THING. I beg to differ :mad:

Rule 1. Family and friends first. Work wise , something else will show itself to those who are willing.

Report the issue to HHR in federal or state. If your company has a STOP program, you are in the right. I have stepped up and over that line many
Y'all did right. Documentation the incident. Report it to human resources and safety. Any problems, you got a case. Hope they find your team an acceptable location. Texas has alot of drilling. Not sure they are currently working. If they give you flak, get attorney. You will probably end up with reduction in force. But stay on them in a nice way for another safe location. If they refuse to send you to another site, stating your refused to work. File the case. Many lawyers can take that pro bono. With the documentation of unsafe work site you will be granted unemployment.

Wally,

Unless you have some type of Haz-mat certification and supply you with all the necessary kits, they are putting into an environment that previous workers were in and unless you're CERTIFIED for cleanup - you have a possible BIO-Hazard site and if you step in there, you can infect others even by proximity.

That's a clear violation of Federal Exposure Standards. (MSDS inclusive) You become liable.
  • First things many are going to ask you, or blatantly point out - "were you not paying attention to the News?" This is only time when Social Medial is on your side.
For you to refuse to go in there, the Law as well as the ACLU, is on your side.

Right now, based upon the words, if there is any sort of published data regarding the site and why it was "abandoned" then for you to accept the job is at your own risk. You need documentation or even vocal orders or passing commentary to explain and expose their risks. If you can't or don't, Sorry Sir, You have no protection even from the company because I've seen this before - they become suddenly "vaporous" and their mission as to why they sent you becomes not very clear then - they're gone - off the books and you're left out in the open and exposed - literally.

There's a need for HEALTHY workers, not Walking Dead ones...

Was the worksite sanitized? That's what they are required to do.
Yeah they shut the rig down and fogged the drillers cabin, parts house, change house, MCC and VFD. Sprayed chemicals all over everything. We had a big stand down this morning, went pretty well, I can see their point and they saw our point, everything was civil. So we as a crew talked it over and decided to go ahead and do it, We all have to travel halfway across the country and figure we're exposed to the virus more than we realize any way. They did sanitize the rig. Plus my good friend Carl is one of them in quarantine, he said the floor hand called the 1- 800 # and complained of a sore throat, so they shut it down Carl said the guy doesn't have fever or body aches, Carl thinks the guys ok, didn't think it would amount to much, we'll see in a few days. Heck I've had a cough for over a month, no fever, body aches, or anything unusual for me. Shoot my nose is either running or stuffed up year round. I just say a prayer every time I have have to go out in public so I'll do the same here. Also they put us up in a motel. Forgot to mention that Brad our drilling superintendent told is he would even come to the rig and walk around every where we have to, I thought BS, but buy gosh he did exactly what he said he would. I've known him for several years, he ok believe it or not I honestly think he wouldn't come out there if he felt it was a dangerous situation, is there a risk? You bet, but even going to the store or gas station is a risk, I just pray this works out.

Last edited:
Working in Petro-chem construction for 30 years, if you can't stand in front of your men, lead from the front, you don't belong there. Glad y'all got decon out there. Hope y'all are using the current protocol guidelines. The chemicals I work around will kill you, some immediately, or within hours. Occupational hazard. Be sure you wash thoroughly.

Yeah they shut the rig down and fogged the drillers cabin, parts house, change house, MCC and VFD. Sprayed chemicals all over everything. We had a big stand down this morning, went pretty well, I can see their point and they saw our point, everything was civil. So we as a crew talked it over and decided to go ahead and do it, We all have to travel halfway across the country and figure we're exposed to the virus more than we realize any way. They did sanitize the rig. Plus my good friend Carl is one of them in quarantine, he said the floor hand called the 1- 800 # and complained of a sore throat, so they shut it down Carl said the guy doesn't have fever or body aches, Carl thinks the guys ok, didn't think it would amount to much, we'll see in a few days. Heck I've had a cough for over a month, no fever, body aches, or anything unusual for me. Shoot my nose is either running or stuffed up year round. I just say a prayer every time I have have to go out in public so I'll do the same here. Also they put us up in a motel. Forgot to mention that Brad our drilling superintendent told is he would even come to the rig and walk around every where we have to, I thought BS, but buy gosh he did exactly what he said he would. I've known him for several years, he ok believe it or not I honestly think he wouldn't come out there if he felt it was a dangerous situation, is there a risk? You bet, but even going to the store or gas station is a risk, I just pray this works out.

Wally be Care full My Friend! I worked years Installing Tanks Under and above Ground J P 4 - J P 8 And Gas Was allways first on the job site and the last to Leave Tried to make the Place Safe For my Men . Just Keep a eye out for what you cant See >Bugs<

Working in Petro-chem construction for 30 years, if you can't stand in front of your men, lead from the front, you don't belong there. Glad y'all got decon out there. Hope y'all are using the current protocol guidelines. The chemicals I work around will kill you, some immediately, or within hours. Occupational hazard. Be sure you wash thoroughly.

And that’s from what they drink at the bar, GWally.

“Work” is hoisting that next mug.

“Shit” is the stuff they do to get paid.

The All-American Diet

Ill tell ya what’s wrong with these kids today. Damned lousy diet. Hell, we conquered the planet in less than four years, with:

1). Caffeine
2). Nicotine
3). Fat
4). Sugar

Start your day the healthy way, GWally. The AA Diet gets feelings out of the way. Allows concentration (fact).

Some distance, and focus improves.

Well the results of the test, negative! He has strep throat. So they let that crew out of quarantine and made the sick guy go home, then made us leave about 2 PM to make the 2 hr trip from New Milford, back to Liberty Pennsylvania. They should've have paid me mileage this hitch, since I pulled out of my driveway going on 2 weeks ago I've put over 1700 miles on my little truck. I have seen some beautiful country, I think Pennsylvania is beautiful, and Wellsboro, Pennsylvania was a nice little town with some beautiful old homes.
20200411_135848.jpg
Now if I could just take this house to Oklahoma:)

Friend, keep your gaze sharp. Texas is a goner. Oklahoma not far behind. You’re dead right Pennsylvania, New York and practically all of Ohio are beautiful. Woods, water, soil, coal, gas, oil; the Great Lakes & Ohio River makes it the America that counts.

Indiana & Illinois ain’t bad either. It all ends at the Falls of the Ohio.

Past is Future. Rail, barge, ship-ports already in place.

The Mason-Dixon Line isn’t any joke.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.