• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 and RM KL203

Sure, lots of people run these together out of the box. Side band would have no issue at all. A 4w dead key on AM might make the amp run hotter than needed, but people do it any way.

Like Shadetree said they are used with 4w DK. He was one of the people here that helped me.

I am running one on my puny Cobra 18 which out of the box has a 2w DK. Only issue I had with mine is I needed to install their low pass filter in order to get the SWR’s to a reasonable level. It puts out more than the frequency that a CB antenna could take returning that back to the radio. The peeps here helped me out on that!! Good bang for your buck on that amp!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Ordered 980. Should get to my store by Thursday. Will turn down DK to 3 and adjust modulation a tad.

Will put 980 in my truck with RM 203, and pull the AT6666 out of truck and use the AT6666 as the base for NC. Has more freq and oomph. And is small enough to fit in ammo can with ease.

Also I moved to Trenton NJ so better to lose a $110 radio than a $230 one. IMO.

For a follow up question

anyone have numbers of what they see with this combo, like AM AMP dk suggestions and then PEP after the amp is on?? Also with sideband PEP?

Same for what they have when off. Like 2w AM dk, and what's the "swing" with conservative modulation?

Was out of housing necessity. Was best option and free rent. And job took me as transfer and I got to keep my pay rate. I use to actually live in Hamilton about 3 mins from here for about 15 years and graduated from Hamilton school.

but I concur. Was best option at that moment. NC is my 3 year plan. Got property down there.

Was out of housing necessity. Was best option and free rent. And job took me as transfer and I got to keep my pay rate. I use to actually live in Hamilton about 3 mins from here for about 15 years and graduated from Hamilton school.

but I concur. Was best option at that moment. NC is my 3 year plan. Got property down there.

Move now! Should pandemic, world war, civil unrest, or some other stupid shit happen....cities go on lock down. No in or out. Bunch of Blue helmets running around speaking different languages. My grandfather once told me .....if I ever see a Blue Helmet shoot them, they are not authorized to decree.

Move now! Should pandemic, world war, civil unrest, or some other stupid shit happen....cities go on lock down. No in or out. Bunch of Blue helmets running around speaking different languages. My grandfather once told me .....if I ever see a Blue Helmet shoot them, they are not authorized to decree.
Blue helmet like United Nations?

Reactions: NZ8N and S&W357
I got 2 of them 980,1 is great 1 is a pos.now the colors are screwy blue is pewtred red is pink

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.