• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 and RM KL203

We're they bought at the same time?
yes but 1 is early model other is new model about 250 radios apart.early 1 is pos. Newest 1 you can push button kill the key tone beep. Its twice the radio other 1 is. About 3 months after warrenty expiered early 1 become off frequincy on lsb then color went to poop , if id know thenwhat i know now id made that clerk get me another 1.
I only paid $25 for the pair.i was buyin fuel at a truckstop that gave me 1.5 cents per gallon on a card.1 nite the clerk said i had to use my points or loose them. Points paid for all but 25 bucks,used our icc number n missed tax

Sorry got dark after I did the de-tune.

keying like 2w now and showing about 35w with amp on AM. Was like 45w dk on AM. I did turn up the the AM modulation a tad as well. Left SSB alone.

easy whistle to over 100w on sideband (max for my small meter). Will take bigger meter tomorrow to see what I get. Will also do a pic.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
I like my 980's.but az i said before new 1 is better than the older 1.you can kill that beep

Be sure to check your SWR with the amp on. I got 3 before I put a filter on the amp. My amp threw harmonics that would go back into the radio. Over 30 MHz. Filter calmed that down big time!

Reactions: Rwb
Going to try my Galaxy stock mic too on this tomorrow since 980 has talkback. The chrome on the factory mic stands out and in the neighborhood I'm in I'd rather not have shiny in car/truck. May move the 203 up under the radio with zip ties too and off the hump where it kinda laying in the open.

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.