1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Was at my favorite gun store

Discussion in 'Prepper Forum' started by Rwb, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

2. WECSOG

WECSOG Sr. Member

We might have to resort to that!

Shadetree Mechanic, 357magnum and Rwb like this.
  3. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

Was back at the gun store,they got in a lot of .2lr,9mm and .223,costly but ammo

4. Holydvr

Holydvr Active Member

Not much at all to buy here in AZ. At least not in my area. I have good stock, but it is indeed a shame the prices are so high, yet not much to buy at all as far as ammo and components etc.

Rwb likes this.
  5. Shadetree Mechanic

Remington ammunition is ramping up production under new ownership.

357magnum, Holydvr and Rwb like this.
  6. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

i hope they do better than when remington ran itself. i bought 525 packs of golden bullet n about 75 per box misfired,then only 5 fired out of 20 in 22-250

357magnum and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  7. DXman

DXman Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.

The only Remington shells that I have bought in the last 20 yrs or so, have been just their high performance 12 shotgun shells. These were great for the long shots on coyotes, but sadly they stop making them a year or so later, probably because of the price - $31.30 a box of 10! That's $3.13 ea. Not many people wanted to pay that kind of money for just a shotgun shell.

These shells were 10% denser than lead.

Rem HD -12ga.JPG

#52 DXman, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    357magnum, Rwb, S&W357 and 1 other person like this.
  8. WECSOG

WECSOG Sr. Member

Their brass cases are junk too. I remember routinely getting only one reload out of a Remington .357 case before having to discard it. Meanwhile I could get 10+ reloads out of some other brands. This was 30 years ago, and I seriously doubt they've gotten better.
    Also back when we could go to walmart and buy 550 round bulk boxes of .22 LR in either Remington or Federal, I found the Federals to be reliable and accurate while the Remingtons were unreliable and inaccurate.

DXman, 357magnum, Rwb and 2 others like this.
  9. Mark Malcomb

Mark Malcomb Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Start them young

WECSOG, 357magnum and Holydvr like this.
  10. Shadetree Mechanic

11. autotuner

autotuner Supporting Member

I don't know, am an old grumpy man,?
    My old Browning 22 or from the 80's at fantastic reliable and accurate, as are my Sportco from the 70's. Glad I bought them in bulk back then.
    Every brand I've tried ( when I've run out at range and been forced to pay outrageous prices for) have been variable, both in reliability in cycling and/or accuracy.
    Or is it just my attitude to modern products?

WECSOG and 357magnum like this.
  12. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

yes agreed 100% . i bought many boxes federal 550 round value pack 22 lr from walmart when the obammer ammo bann ended. i got like 25 boxes of em. shot 3 boxes not 1 misfire very clean ammo too

WECSOG, 357magnum and S&W357 like this.
  13. DXman

DXman Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.

Remington Brass? I am like WCSOG, I really hated their 22-250 brass for loading, to soft and light weight. But, their 270/'06/7mm mag brass was good and never had any problems with it. Winchester brass is all I every used for the 22-250.

If I was to buy just factory ammo now days for rifle & pistol, then I would only choose Federal or Hornady....

Rwb, 357magnum and WECSOG like this.
  14. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

that 22-250 in my avatar hates big green ammo

DXman and 357magnum like this.
  15. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

What a way to wake yourself up in the morning !:whistle: Been a while since a fired 00 Buck out of my old H&R , SS Shot Gun with no Butt Pad ! Goooood Morning Leo ! :LOL: Not saying what I was up to .;):whistle: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo