• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHAT ARE THE MEANINGS OF YOUR AUTHOR NAMES ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
I'll start it off , "Switch Kit" now IM sure in many minds that this could mean a few things .........in my mind it goes back to the 70's early 80s when Turner mic's were all relay switching mic's and they came out with what Turner called a "Switch Kit" you could install to make the mic's for electronic switching. So that's basically where my author name comes from. I've noticed over the years on this Forum that there has been some pretty interesting author names out there ,how about letting us in on them and how you came up with them ? Peace

Uh - my wife bought me a Lazyboy recliner for my birthday a few years back. So I sit in it alot, mic in one hand, tv clicker in the other. On day my wife walked by and said: You are Lazy, lazy to the bone. You are Lazybones.

I said: Yes I am. ;)

this is pretty cool guy's ,kind of what I was looking for here,hope to read some more as time passes. Yeap !! Those remote controls are one of the best damned inventions ever made !! (-:

Years back in my youth I would talk to an older couple on the 11m band they had a base and me with my dads lowly but trusty cobra 29 I used his handle (silver streak) (he got busted speeding in a 70' GTO silver of course so mom called him silver streak any way was looking for my own call and I would listen to the scanner and study the clouds and inform this older couple of the impending weather because they had no tv to warn of storms one night we went thru a list of possible names and the older lady said that I was thier weatherman so she suggested I use that It fit and stuck been the weatherman now for 28 years and It's a prety unique maybe just once or twice in 28 years have I heard another go by that

cool story W.M 49 , hmmm ,so it's your radio handle as well. Now that might just make for another topic later on. .... (I hear ya on Karo , I can make a mean pecan pie with that stuff)

i worked 3rd shift a while back, always on the radio at night and in the moblie at 10:00 pm, one night the locals called me nightrider and it stuck !! not to mention i like the show !!

First puter I had, I did what any other young perv(10 years ago) would do with all the access to the internet.....anyways, I decided to join this website and got nervous for a user name and looked around the room and saw my keyboard sitting there. copied the name and just got lazy in changing it.
Casios

better known as Cas...

Call numbers are 924....pulled out of thin air!!!!

Cas

:roll:

switch since ya liked my story a friend of mine went by Bobcat Or 943 He was run over by a model 943 Bobcat! luckily the constuction site was 1 foot deep in mud when we'd get mad at him we caled him the real mud duck!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.