• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What do the members think about.......

Should we just disallow future threads about Snake Radios and Fine Tune CB Shop?

• Yes both of them always end in a pissing contest.

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Just ban threads about Snake Radios. Fine Tune is OK.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just ban threads about Fine Tune. Snake Radios is OK.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just ban Rabbiporkchops the next time he makes wild claims and posts videos about Fine Tune.

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum is the best out there IMO because it is a great mix of ham and cb users and the members here are some of the smartest around. No joke, I've been a member of just about every forum and I find that the members here are the perfect mix of brains, humor, and ...dare i say it....acceptance. Yes, the members here generally are very accepting of all opinions, all types of people (of which we get all types).

I used to be active on another popular CB site but was banned - the reason - someone asked a question about a product and I posted up a link to a place to buy it (not my own store). The forum was sponsored by a "tech/radio shop" who has a dubious reputation and I think the real reason I got booted was because I didn't jump on the bandwagon like everyone else bragging about how great his radios were (they aren't).

So as someone who has been banned from a forum (and I'm the least likely person in the world to get banned form a forum) I think open discussions are great. However, I think people and their misguided support of radio shops is ridiculous.

IMO 99% of people shouldn't be dealing with radio shops period. After owning hundreds of radios and seeing what shops do to them you're better off learning to do things yourself. Even the techs who people cream about all the time have their issues - back in the day I sent a radio to one of the famous 2510/Lincoln techs who was supposed to be the best for a chipswitch and tune and my radio came back with a 20W deadkey. There are a small group of amazing techs who do fantastic work and I've been truly impressed with - I would recommend them to anyone and we see their names posted on the forum regularly. But they also aren't the people making videos and charging people money to try to make radios do crazy amounts of power.

All that being said - I say let it roll, but if someone doesn't have the knowledge to back up their claim of why a shop is the best they better be ready for the storm that follows.

And if someone is spamming - kick them to the curb. A radio manufacturer recently spammed a ton of my videos on YouTube with stupid positive comments about why their radios are the best so I deleted them and sent them a warning.

Seeing that this behavior from a few forum members might seem disruptive and discordant from time to time, the present forum policies seems sufficient for the continued flow of all ideas. Although I find it a bit bothersome when some of these threads happen, I ask myself would forum radio noobs benefit from understanding the bigger picture despite the disruption? I would say yes without hesitation; we are all adults and truth isn't something to be shied away from.

On the other hand, i appreciate what Captain Kilowatt must deal with when it happens. I think he is really doing a fine and thankless job. The question is back to you, Garth; is this a better forum when all the info is aired? Does it happen so often that a new policy is required? Do you see the need and feel that it is going too far?

Sure, the phony RPC shill and the questionable Tim/SRC tech antics are controversial and disruptive; but what about the noobs who may find themselves better off knowing and thereby protected than not?

I think my choice would be 'none of the above'. But I would ask that giving the Admin/mods more lateral power to act with more 1 or 3 day suspensions and other punitive measures in order to keep threads on target so that trolling is kept in check. Doesn't seem to happen that much that I see; but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Sigh...

Ok, I can take a hint

There are at least 3 messages, in this thread alone - dealing with length.

How are we supposed to leave behind our "Legacy" so that others can follow?

I'm looking at this from the perspective of awareness and education.

Again I will say this, if it's too much for you - the reader - to process - I understand.

However, if this doesn't get "bundled" into one post, you miss the "experience" and story.

At least for me, behind the reason for the messages I leave out here is from the "Variables" that happen SEE:Murphys Law.

Its' not easy to "parse" down any sort of intricate detail when it comes to radio - there simply is no way to explain "Remove D13" - and explain to the others that could get upset - the "WHY" behind it.

If you don't want that - tell me. Because if I really need to help people - I'll go where I am needed the most.

:+> Andy <+:

I for one love reading your post no matter how long they are. The techie folks might feel your going over board with all the info you provide but for us none techie folks like myself enjoy learning from your post so keep'em coming is all I can say. I surely hope no one here is trying to run you off because your one of the best I have seen on this site!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
We all know someone is always going to get butt hurt. So be it...I have been on this forum when charger was running it. Now it is a little different..

Damn that was along time ago!!

Concerning length, the best advice I've ever received came from a Pulitzer Prize winning author/Academy Award winning screenwriter. It's a rule I abide by in all of my books and plays. And forum postings. :)

Less is more.

I knew a guy by the name of Les Moore one time. Yeah he bore the brunt of a few jokes.

I_Voted_Sticker_1.png

No it most certainly does not.

But when you look at the conduct of the person here and other places...
Double speak, answering questions with questions, star-man arguments, changing the subject, harassment, and threatening behavior it does not come as a shock.

Regarding the above post, I have to say I personally have not witnessed any harassment or threatening behavior on Rabbiporkchop's part. And there are quite a few members skilled in the other attributes mentioned by Martian.

The lynch mob mentality directed toward RPC and Tim at Snake Radios is both curious and unsettling. And remindful of the jailhouse steps scene in To Kill a Mockingbird.
Sure wish Atticus was here.

Regarding the above post, I have to say I personally have not witnessed any harassment or threatening behavior on Rabbiporkchop's part.

Use Google.
Perhaps not here. There is a lot more control.
In other places, yeah... it's what he does.

Regarding the above post, I have to say I personally have not witnessed any harassment or threatening behavior on Rabbiporkchop's part. And there are quite a few members skilled in the other attributes mentioned by Martian.

There hasn't been. just the same old mindless following of his tech and wild unsubstantiated claims about him followed by backtracking when cornered. it gets old.

The lynch mob mentality directed toward RPC and Tim at Snake Radios is both curious and unsettling. And remindful of the jailhouse steps scene in To Kill a Mockingbird.
Sure wish Atticus was here.

No lynch mob mentality. As I stated before I included that option #4 as a humorous option to see how many others were fed up too. Again as stated NO he is not going to be banned. Had you been around from the start you too would see my point.

Last edited:
No lynch mob mentality. As I stated before I included that option #4 as a humorous option to see how many others were fed up too. Again as stated NO he is not going to be banned. Had you been around from the start you too would see my point.
I believe most of know #4 wasn't to be taken seriously, it is good for a great laugh though.

It'll be even funnier if Rabbi votes to ban himself! :ROFLMAO:

Actually, I think by the way the discussion has gone that most people that voted do think he needs to be banned. But I think we can agree to disagree, something you cannot do with the aforementioned or their following. :)

My issue with someone like RabbiPorkChop is that you cannot have meaningful dialog with him and it does turn into a pissing contest, even if he is pissing into the wind every. single. time.

That is not conducive to having open and honest discussion. You would have better luck with a bottle of whiskey and a rock to talk to.

There hasn't been. just the same old mindless following of his tech and wild unsubstantiated claims about him followed by backtracking when cornered. it gets old.

(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.