• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What do the members think about.......

Should we just disallow future threads about Snake Radios and Fine Tune CB Shop?

• Yes both of them always end in a pissing contest.

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Just ban threads about Snake Radios. Fine Tune is OK.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just ban threads about Fine Tune. Snake Radios is OK.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just ban Rabbiporkchops the next time he makes wild claims and posts videos about Fine Tune.

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say however that these types of threads do not need to be allowed to go on as long as they usually do. LC

Therein lies the root of the problem for the most part I believe. Once a thread starts to digress it generally does so at rocket speed and quickly gets uglier and uglier and more personal.

Captain has his hands full and can't be expected to nip them all in the bud, so the Report button might be the answer. Personally, I am going to try harder to drive past the "car accidents" (great analogy, LC) and quit rubber-necking.

Love your pig quote too, LC.
There's a lot of mud-rollin' goin' on in the threads in question. And others. :D

Interesting results so far. 65.2% of voters have voted for option #1. There have been zero votes for options #2 and #3 and 47.8% have voted for option #4. LOL that last one surprised me a bit honestly. Also honestly I only put this poll up to get a feel for what you all think. I honestly cannot see banning threads about either shop but I know several members have been getting fed up with the same old bullshit claims followed by the same bullshit comments strongly for or strongly against either of the two mentioned shops especially when newcomers come out of the woodwork to comment. Some of the alternatives suggested are interesting however.

How about limiting the length of some of the post? I have developed "Narcolepsy" reading some of the journals posted on here. One social media limits you to 140 characters.
I feel Captain Kilowatt does an excellent job with the limited resources he has. Keep the sails unfurled and the anchor up Captain!

I agree with this 100% !! Why a certain individual always posts a ten paragraph reply to a question that can be answered in ten words is beyond me.

How about limiting the length of some of the post? I have developed "Narcolepsy" reading some of the journals posted on here. One social media limits you to 140 characters.

There are a LOT of useful posts describing how to do something that would be a PITA to have to break up into several posts in order to convey the entire thing. Even more of a PITA to have to read them.

The problem is locking a thread tends to spread the argument to other threads, you have to weigh the problems associated with letting the problem thread run its course against the disruptions to other threads that locking it causes.
The Captain has locked multiple threads that have "Reached the end of intellectual discourse" and I have not seen those spread. If the Captain closes a thread because it has become inflammatory or other wise disruptive, slanderous, or libelous He has the right to pull that person's plug of life support. Severe Narcolepsy can occur and cause that person to be extra grumpy when they are awakened from an unplanned nap.
I am truly trying to help some people to see how they are perceived with out causing trauma.
I did some free lance writing for international magazines and was told to be more verbose because they were looking for column inches so that they could put in more advertising.
There is one thing you might try is to get both of the "Radio Shops" to get some "PAID ADVERTISING" and allow them to have "Free for All" fights in a special section that can not leak out into civilized portions of the board.
I have been a CB'er for 50 years, and an amateur operator for five years so no one can claim that bias.

There is one thing you might try is to get both of the "Radio Shops" to get some "PAID ADVERTISING" and allow them to have "Free for All" fights in a special section that can not leak out into civilized portions of the board.
I have been a CB'er for 50 years, and an amateur operator for five years so no one can claim that bias.

We have tried a private section a couple times in the past........many years ago...... and crap always leaked over to the main forum. that is the reason we don't have one now. Shit was raised, ran downhill into the regular forum and people were banned for doing so. It was a mess for a while.

Sigh...

Ok, I can take a hint

There are at least 3 messages, in this thread alone - dealing with length.

How are we supposed to leave behind our "Legacy" so that others can follow?

I'm looking at this from the perspective of awareness and education.

Again I will say this, if it's too much for you - the reader - to process - I understand.

However, if this doesn't get "bundled" into one post, you miss the "experience" and story.

At least for me, behind the reason for the messages I leave out here is from the "Variables" that happen SEE:Murphys Law.

Its' not easy to "parse" down any sort of intricate detail when it comes to radio - there simply is no way to explain "Remove D13" - and explain to the others that could get upset - the "WHY" behind it.

If you don't want that - tell me. Because if I really need to help people - I'll go where I am needed the most.

:+> Andy <+:

Concerning length, the best advice I've ever received came from a Pulitzer Prize winning author/Academy Award winning screenwriter. It's a rule I abide by in all of my books and plays. And forum postings. :)

Less is more.

Sigh...

Ok, I can take a hint

Again I will say this, if it's too much for you - the reader - to process - I understand.

However, if this doesn't get "bundled" into one post, you miss the "experience" and story.

At least for me, behind the reason for the messages I leave out here is from the "Variables" that happen SEE:Murphys Law.

Its' not easy to "parse" down any sort of intricate detail when it comes to radio - there simply is no way to explain "Remove D13" - and explain to the others that could get upset - the "WHY" behind it.

If you don't want that - tell me. Because if I really need to help people - I'll go where I am needed the most.

The information and insight that you bring to the table is pure gold. I enjoy learning about things and with the information you provide, I can follow along without even having the radio in front of me. When trying to figure out how something works, there is no such thing as too much information. Having this as a permanent record will serve future generations well. Keep up the good work.
Chris

Sigh...

Ok, I can take a hint

I was worried that you would take this as a personal affront, that is not what was intended at all. I do not mince words or intentionally cause conflict. There is only one time in which I been pushed too far and still I did not "Go for the throat" of the antagonist. I did point out the useless nature of the crap he was posting and he either got banned or just went away. You do have valid information in which you feel the need to disperse. And I say go for it, just keep in mind that the people that ask questions do have some intelligence and may not need quite so much information.
If they need more they will ask for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.