• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is this?

If the intent is an antenna consisting of two perpendicular dipoles, a better, less confusing name is needed. AND, each leg should be a quarter wave in length. As is, there are two full wave dipoles and a major impedance problem.

If it were two half wave dipoles, and each were a different band (say 10 and 11 meters), it would then perform as a cobweb.

Am guessing the designer’s intent of having perpendicular dipoles is a four lobe, omnidirectional pattern if hung horizontally as opposed to the more directional pattern of a single dipole. Good in theory but . . .

The first question is "What is this?"

It is a big plus (+) sign in the sky...

Maybe it is sold as an 11m antenna but it's really a non resonant 20m multiband daddy long legs non articulating limbs RF spider... o_O

You may be onto something. The Daddy Long Legs Non-Articulating Spider antenna. I’d buy one of those before I’d buy a Quad Element 11 Meter Dipole just on name alone. Bet you could sell some. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated