• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whatever Happened to Wholesale CB Radio?

They plagiarized alot of website content from me, and from other sites as well. I, along with a number of other people, started a campain to let as many know as possible about their shady practices. Between that type of action, and their many, many unhappy customers, they simply couldn't hold out.

The Ham police!!

They cannot even keep their part of the spectrum clean so they decide it is OK to police the CB portion because its easier.

I posted on QRZ about an amplifier converted from CB use to use on 80-10 meter.

I detailed the fun and learning experience. I then told Moleculo to watch the post and watch the ham police HI-Jack it. Sure enough , they DID!

"Back in the day" one had to build some ham gear to get their license. Now when someone shows interest in doing something with what is available, kits are not as readily avaialble as they used to be, the ham police jump all over them.

Then they bitch about how the hobby is "going down hill", no kidding!

Unit 194 said:
Then maybe the Ham police's ulterior motive is to try and regain control of 11 meters.

don't get me wrong, CB'ers are not angels either. If a CB'er causes interference on all the neighbors TV's, VCR's, DVD's, computers, home sound systems and other radio services, they think of it as having a BIG RADIO and refuse to stop! Then the FCC gets called and guess where your at now?

Are the ham police trying to get back 11 meter? I highly doubt it, they dont even use what they have let alone want more.

I know a guy that got his general class license, runs an Astatic D-104 on his MKIIG on ALL BANDS, keeps mic gain full blast and the mic setting is full blast and keeps the speech compressor on. This guy sounds like shit especially on 2 m FM , but he wont listen and gets mad when people cannot understand him so much so that he stomps off on another frequency and will not talk to anyone. Cant get the CB'er out of everyone, but you should know when you sound like shit you should be willing to adjust. There is a difference between audio and AUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I see the ham police whine and bitch on QRZ about illegal 10 meter radios and amplifiers, go to Dayton, hell any hamfest and look at the same ones selling those at the hamfest, its all about the $$$$$$$$$$

I could go on and on about this but its useless, I am wrong. :LOL:

I have a local Ham (who shall remain nameless) who is constantly transmitting on 11 meters. Not only is he running illegal power but he also loves to antagonize the locals. Go figure.......

rr

I really dont think the F.C.C. would care about 11 meters at all if people ran half way clean stations. You can still run power and not get into neighbors , T.V., phones, ect.
Why anybody would want to run on 10 or 12 meters is beyond me.There is plenty on room on 11 meters.

Anyhow what I wanted to say was I dealt with Wholesale C.B. quite a number of times, and I was always happy with them. They dealt with you too,all you had to do is tell them where you could get something cheaper and they dropped their price. I always got good prices and fast service.

Talking Tall,

You are the first person I've ever heard say that they had good results from dealing with Wholesale CB. I've received dozens of emails over the past couple years from their customers, all complaining about either receiving faulty equipment, or no equipment at all. Around half a dozen or so had begun legal procedings against Whoesale because of the problems they'd had. I even had a BBS up for people to vent about Wholesale.

I would think a Ham complained to the FCC. I am curious as why the FCC holds back from the well known distributors. Are they relunctant because they may have more money to fight it and the FCC doesn't ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.