• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats it worth?

Did you get in on the action when a bunch of us bought those NOS Jackson's? They were complete with 1980's air when unboxed.

1980's air. Cool. (y)
I have a football that still has 1964 air in it. It's from the Archer City Wildcats' historic playoff victory over the Big Lake Owls that year. Still considered one of the greatest upsets in Texas high school football history, it was surpassed the following week when the Wildcats upset the mighty Ingleside Mustangs for the state championship.

Now, back to w9cll amd his Uniden. :whistle:

I'd say it's worth whatever you can get out of it... or.. you may get an itch to fire it up in a few years when the cycle comes back up.. just for old time sake.. might have some kinda mental breakdown and you need 11 meters as an outlet for your frustrations.. :LOL:
Personally I always find it hard to part with classics that you are the original owner of. I would probably just re cap & align it and hold on to it...

I paid $80 for mine a couple of years ago from a mobile cb shop in Houston. It's not near as nice looking as yours but it does have some extra channels though.
I really like this radio. Everyone I talk to on sideband tell me it sounds clean and clear. I run it with a Astatic Road Devil mic.

I would think $150 for yours would be a decent price.

View attachment 30799
Looks very nice (cosmetically) to me. I think you paid a good price for it.

Reactions: 357magnum
I'll match you and raise you 1...
View attachment 30824
I'm guessing those are noise toys. Surprisingly I've never seen a noise toy module before. If that is indeed what they are, now I know what they look like. I'm not a fan of noise toys, but I am a huge fan of Sergio Leone's trilogy, and The Andy Griffith show. Another assumption is that whatever the sounds made by these toys happens upon keying ones microphone. I would absolutely love to hear either one, or both of them. I will check out YouTube, to see if there's a clip of either of these noise toys in action. I love the printings on them! If it's at all possible for you or anyone who has either one of those particular noise toys installed to add an audio link of what sounds are created by them? Although I've a feeling exactly what I would hear if someone had either one of them installed. Thanks. 73

Reactions: 357magnum
See what you started Chris ?:LOL: BCat , I'm not a fan of noise toys but I need that Mayberry one !:ROFLMAO: One of my favorite shows also , all these years on the radio I have never heard that one ! BTW I'm tapping out also , can't beat that w/ a Full House !:ROFLMAO:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.