• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats it worth?

YouTube did indeed have a clip of Sergio Leone's The Good The bad and The ugly noise toy. I figured out that it would be the unforgettable whistling tune from that flick. I couldn't locate a clip of the Andy Griffith noise toy, but I assume it's the opening whistling (music) theme song from that show. I would still like to hear it.

Reactions: 357magnum
When mfoot mentioned the good bad & ugly noise toy it reminded me of the one I used to have.. got me wondering if I still had it in one of my parts boxes.. I looked through my old agitator box with some old echo boards and a few different roger beep boards and there they were in the bottom of the box.. they haven't been hooked up in years.. I guess they still work? I might have to hook them up for you just to see if they still do..

The mayberry toy came from a buddy's old school PC 66.. thing had a 1969 final and swinger.. he put adjustable dead key in it with of course the toy and echo and multitone roger beep. Drove that into a palomar 4x mrf455 box. Would dead key the radio and role the deadkey knob up just enough to trip & hold the relay on the box... and let it SWING from there. That radio was stupid loud and annoyed everyone around me for like a 30 mile radius. This was a bleed over monster!! I'm sure it was poop dirty ALL over the spectrum BUT in like 1995 we were teenagers and we didn't give a shit.. it was a lot of fun...
Ahhhhhh.... memories..

Another Grant that looks like it's in great shape. They're not all that rare. It will be interesting to see how high this one goes. Three days left...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pr...AM-FM-SSB-w-PRESIDENT-Microphone/264448138859
It looks clean. I usually look closely at the face around the knobs to see how much ware the faceplate has. Especially around the channel selector. IMO it's a good way to determine how much the rigs been used. And the one you shared looks to have lead an easy life.
How does the grant perform? Is it average or is it what would be considered.an above average talker (both on AM & SSB?) How's the receive? Are there proven mods that will improve it's aufio and reciver? Over the years I've been lead to believe it's an excellent way above average transciver, but I never asked specifically what has earned it such great respect.

How does the grant perform? Is it average or is it what would be considered.an above average talker (both on AM & SSB?) How's the receive?
In my opinion the old Grant's were to top of the line (better than the Cobra 148), I know the one I have talks nicely and has an excellent reciever. I can't vouch for the Export Grants, I never had one of those but I am guessing they are competetly different on the inside.

BCat , I also would love to hear Mayberry , But !!!! Teenager in 1995 ? Wow ! I'm tapping out ! " You Youngin' You " ! :whistle: :LOL: I was active when it was hot in the 70's - 80's when a lot off Chicks had radio's . Make contact , meet them ... " It's Hoggin' Time " !:ROFLMAO: No offense to anyone , but you all know how it worked back then !:whistle:;)

I bought 2 when they first came out via president no uniden on them.had extra uppers put in both.got 1 power supply and 2 -500 watt heaters in a big cb shop in cincinattie.when i got home i got a 5/8 wave base antenna.set it up for dad.every nite at a set time id park my big truck n try to chat with him. I mainly ran the midwest so we communicated many nights. He died and his radio disappeared.wish i had it back,serial numbers were consecutive plus all the nites we talked.
My radio was in shop 1 time and was used a lot more than dads but wasnt a big problem cant even remember what it was

So Chris is it For Sale ? Other than my Cobra 2k , ( which is vintage also ) all I have is old junk ! Old Cobra 140 GTL converted in my mobile , I have a 99v I've never used , But You know you are a Good Friend on WWDX ! I'll tell you all the time ! All my Arse Kissing should put me inline for purchasing this radio .:whistle::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Sonar and Rwb
So Chris is it For Sale ? Other than my Cobra 2k , ( which is vintage also ) all I have is old junk ! Old Cobra 140 GTL converted in my mobile , I have a 99v I've never used , But You know you are a Good Friend on WWDX ! I'll tell you all the time ! All my Arse Kissing should put me inline for purchasing this radio .:whistle::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
id say you must kiss azz more often hahaha

Reactions: Sonar and 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.